Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
Thinking about getting a new boat so went to look today. I went to one dealer who carries Malibu and MB but found that they did not carry Axis. Thought that was a bit strange but......
Really liked the Malibu but boy the prices have gone up. Looked at MB because of threads about them. They are nice boats and priced right. Kinda ruled them out after looking at the MB owners forum and it seems like they don't have great of customer service, Kinda important!
Then looked at Supra's/Moomba in livermore and really liked them. Really nice product and detail and from what I have seen on other forums and here Skier's Choice give great customer service. They maybe the one. Loved the Launch 21V. Next looked at Mastercraft and really thought quality and craftmanship was excellent. Really liked the X2 but they sure have gone up in prices as well. So I guess I will try to demo a supra or maybe even a Moomba. Can't find Axis dealer. I liked the price on the supra/moomba and MB but think i am going to go with Skiers Choice for their customer service. Gonna demo next week or two and give you an update.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-14-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
why not take a look at a sanger?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-14-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
I bought a '07 Launch 21V back in Feb. I had a few questions about the boat prior to the purchase and called Skiers Choice to as them some questions. They were very professional and helpful with everything I had questions on. I even emailed pictures to the tech support guys and they got right back to me regarding the issues I had. I can't speak for any other company, but Skiers Choice has done right by me.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-14-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
I have a Moomba XLV and it's beena great wakeboarding boat. SC has been great to deal with but all the issues I have had have been very minor and were just easier to fix myself (like replacing a screw or on a hinge).
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
I am gonna check out Sanger. I had one about 8 years ago and loved it. Skiers choice customer service is probably what is going to get me to buy one of theirs. I actually was leaning toward a MB TWB I rode behind my buddies a few weeks ago and loved the wake and pure vert ballast system. But he had a few issues and the dealer was not real helpful. After reading their owners forum it seems like the customer service is less than adequate. That is why I really looking hard ar supras 21v. May try to demo the moomba XLV as well. Will also be looking at the sangers v215 again but really loving skiers choice. Will keep you updated after next weekend.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2011, 9:50 PM Reply   
+ 1 on SC customer service I had a 22SSV with some issues they stepped up and took care of everything. RT is the man (but the way I was the second owner but the boat was only 14 months old)
Old     (mikeakatex5)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-15-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
The closest axis dealer is Boat Country in Escalon. Brent is pretty awesome to deal with and I'm pretty sure he's got an A22 on hand.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-15-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
Cal Marine I heard is a Tige Dealer now as well.
Not sure if they have any in stock though...
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-15-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
im on my second moomba now and 3rd wake boat. i bought a '11 LSV and love it. quality is VERY nice. the big 3 have nothing on skies choice now other than price and useless billet parts.

but dont look at what others think. do what your doing. sit in, feel, open up every brand of boat, even take them out if possible. check out everything thats important to you. narrow down to those boats, and then decide what your willing to pay for those things.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-15-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
Another big thumbs up for Skiers Choice and especially the Supra brand. I have a new 21v so drop me a line if you have any questions on it.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
I have to disagree with you when it comes to MB. I have a few friends that have Tom Cats and Wide Bodies. They absolutely love the boats, and like you said the wakes are great! I just started working in the pro shop at a dealer that carries both Malibu and MB. Not sure if we are the dealership you came to, but I can say that this Family owned business goes way above and beyond when it comes to customer service! From MB I have seen nothing but top notch customer service, and care! They are a local company here in Nor Cal as I am sure you know. I have seen them take customers to their facility, so they can see how their boat is built, and to give them a run down on MB in detail! I have been in the industry for a long time, and will be in the market for a new boat very soon. Let me tell you MB will most likely be the company to get my business. The 21' WB is a killer boat with a KILLER wake! Don't let what you read online discourage you from getting the boat you want!

I would say if you like the MB come drive one! We can get you on the water anytime. Forums are great for getting information, but I would not base you choice of boats on what others say! Just cause one person had a bad experience doesn't mean its like that across the board. I have seen people come in with very bad attitudes or just plain being rude! That does not help any situation, and it definitely does not make people want to try and solve their problems.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-15-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what you are reading about MB customer service... maybe it's a local dealer issue. If anything I'd say service is a strength of the manufacturer. They are small (but definitely growing), so they are easily able to respond directly to customer issues... usually by Mike himself. I have had great experiences with MB over the past two years getting minor issues resolved.

Either way, Supra or MB, you're going to have a sweet boat! Those are the two boats it came down to in my decision, and it was a tough one. Both have different strengths. The 21V is damn sexy, has VISION, and Z5 rack. But for me it came down to interior size, pure vert ballast, and price. I also fell in love with some of the new things they are adding.

Have fun shopping! There's nothing better than new boat shopping!!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-15-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Have fun shopping! There's nothing better than new boat shopping!!
As a guy it took me exactly .00000547 seconds to think of something better

But I'm sure boat shopping is right up there!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-15-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
Here is the wake on my XLV with 2650 lbs of hidden, plumbed in ballast. factory was 1950 and I just changed out some bags to get it to 2650.

Just for your reference.
Attached Images

Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-15-2011, 6:08 PM Reply   
I am not saying mb is bad as two of my uncles own them but. Please someone tell me why brendela boats went under.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-15-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
Went to the CIE spring ride last weekend with my buddy, Dustin Brendel himself met us up there to bring my friend a new rear seat for his 2011 TWB 21'. This winter I found the bottom bracket on my 09' Tomcat seat had broken and Shane Stillman met me in Sacramento to swap out my seat with a new one, no questions asked. These are only 2 instances off the top of my head where the guys at MB went out of their way to help their customers out. I will never go back to a pump ballast system again for sure and love everything about my Tomcat and can't wait to see the newly designed 2012 models that should be rolling out of the factory soon =-)
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
I think the customer service complaint over on the mb site is coming from a person who completely flaked out over here when she thought someone had criticized her gell scheme.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-15-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Second Boat Country in Escalon...they sell Axis and Malibu and Brent is great to work with. I was just there picking my boat up and they have a few Axis on site...a red and black one inside on display that is pretty sweet.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-15-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Read the complaint on MB site and it seems like it is nothing about gell scheme. Problem with tower or something and there were people saying they had problems with there dealers. It doesn't sound like it is MB that is the problem but the dealers. I private messaged the person on MB who is also on here and found out there was no complaint with MB. In fact raving about the wake and roominess of the boat. Don't know if it was a TWB or not but no complaints about MB just about the tower. It is now near the top of my list again after talking with this person. Supra still number 1 but MB coming up fast to 2. Will keep everyone updated.
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-16-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
It comes down to first impressions. I love my boat (04 22v Tige RE) Purchased it from the dealer and customer service after the purchase sucked. The dealer has since moved on to other brands and the tige brand is on its 4th dealership in as many years in my area. It would be tough to build a relationship with your dealer when they keep switching brands all the time.

So my point being this. I think all the boat companies build good boats. There will be certain things about each one that appeals to each of us, BUT , Throw a great dealership behind a brand with great customer service and brand loyalty along with dealership loyalty go way up.

For some people there is no satisfaction but I think for the most part any boat company will be willing to go out of their way to take care of a problem. A lot of how it is taken care of rest on the dealer.

Last edited by konaking; 05-16-2011 at 5:47 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-16-2011, 5:59 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with SC but I've heard nothing but good about MB and their service.

Was a very statisfied Moomba owner for 3 years. Great boat. Woud LOVE a new Mobius like Cory's
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-16-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Check out this thread on the Moomba forum about how a guy lost a couple pieces for his boat in a tornado. Rick T. and the guys stood up and took care of him. They are an amazing group over at SC.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...t=14685&page=2

A SC product will hopefully be my first new boat.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-16-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
RJ, I should have articulated a little better. The person posting about the tower issue on MB owners' site was on here before and flaked out after she thought someone had criticized a gell scheme. Was just giving a little background on the person complaining over there.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-16-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
I really don't know what your point is. I talked to nauti and found out the problem with the tower she was having. They are the ones who who couldn't say enough good things about MB. So I really don't know what your point is. If I ever get down there will hook up with them for a day on the lake.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
Nothing but good things to say about the Skiers Choice lineup. I love my LSV and the 21v & 22ssv as well. The XLV and 24ssv are amazing too if you want a big boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-17-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
RJ, not sure if you have a Tige dealer near you but they have a $1k test drive challenge right now. Might be worth checking out:
http://tige.com/challenge/
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Boat Country in Escalon is the place. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Brent and his staff. Also every friend that I have sent there has had the same experience. I'm pretty sure they are one of the only AXIS dealers around,. Great boats BTW. We rode one when they first came out and I had no complaints.

Al
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me what the supra 21v, Sanger 215 and MB TWB price is out the door with standard equipment? You can pm me if you don,t want to post. Just trying to have everything in my hand before I start the demoing. Thanks.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-19-2011, 11:58 AM Reply   
Well I am now going to be looking hard ar supra/moomba and Sanger this weekend. Was looking hard at a sweet blue MB TWB 21 ft and after reading everything here find out if you what all the new changes they have made you will need to custom order. Wow. Feel bad for the poor suckers who got a 2011 early. Loving a blue v215 that I saw at semper and still really like Skiers Choice. Will see what happens.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-19-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
FWIW.... Boat Country has both Malibu and Axis. That way you can get in them side by side and see the difference. Both awesome boats. Absolutely love our '11 LSV that Brent special ordered for us. Couldn't be more happy.

There are a lot of choices out there. Customer service and local shop support are at the top of the list of things that sell me boats.

Good luck with your search. Sounds like you can't go wrong with any of your choices.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-19-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Evan
Will take a look.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2011, 12:53 PM Reply   
I'd also like to add that Boat Country Malibu/Axis gives back to the local wake community by supporting local events. So far they've supported the Tulloch rail jam, Spring Ride, and Girls Ride Wake.

Brent is a class act. Worked his way up from a boat sales guy to the dealership owner. Great guy. I'm sure they would gladly tow an Axis to you for a demo. They did for us. Last time I spoke with him he was still sitting on a 2010 LSV too.

Having an awesome dealer is everything!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-19-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Another vote for the Supra 21V. Oh wait I already voted.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
I'll vote for the 21V. I love our '06, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. The Axis and MB do look nice.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Here's a great review of the Axis by Chatwake. He's owned several boats.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787605
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-20-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
about the pull the trigger on an a-22 myself....spent a lot of time in one the other day. Love it!
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-22-2011, 11:15 PM Reply   
Well looked at sangers v215 and tige as well. Liked the sangers a lot. Went down to socal and rode on nautigirls F21. Wow! Incredible wake. Great quality boat. Everything top notch. Drove great! I want to thank all the nautigirls for there welcome. Tough job being on the boat with 4 beautiful ladies. Now MB is top of my list but still gonna demo supra next week. Such confusion but gotta say the F21 is an sick boat. So confused!

Last edited by buluver; 05-22-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-22-2011, 11:33 PM Reply   
One last thing they clarified that MB stepped up and gave great customer service. Mike took care of that. Also said the dealer where thet got it had a great owner and sales people. They were just in frustrated that they weren't showed how the tower work but took the blame on themselves as well. Don't think they will post on either site again. They felted attacked by one person and they don't want the negativity. Just kinda a bummer because they know there boats and love wake boarding