Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (weisser0442)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-06-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
I was just wondering if you can keep items in your cart till you see other items you want to buy to skip out on paying shipping everytime you buy something.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
dont think so
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-06-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
No, even if it's in your cart, the item can still sell out before you enter your payment info.
Old     (weisser0442)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-06-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
lame
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-06-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
things are cheap as hell, so...

DEAL WITH IT!!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-06-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Aren't they simply a gathering house for deals they find on the net? I don't think they are actually selling the item, but instead are acting as your buying agent. (I could be wrong here). If my assumption is correct, the items will be shipping from totally different companies/locations...so now way for shipping to be a 1 time deal.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-06-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Everything i get comes from Utah so that kinda shoots down that theory
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-06-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
their warehouse is down the street from my work. I need to find out if they will let me willcall to save some coin!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-06-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
Loren, that's not correct. They are a subdivision of backcountry.com, same with steapandcheap.com. It's all the same parent company.
Old    bocephus            09-06-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Yes, I looked into it and they sell things that their buyer for Backcountry.com is able to buy when doing their purchasing deals. It's basically just like Big Lots, a supplier will need to move some product quickly and will greatly discount the cost of the item if then can sell all of their remaining inventory. Places like WM, S&C, and Big Lots can make money buy selling the stuff cheap if they can keep their holding costs low, i.e. storage costs. If you can build a following for your website you can generate the idea of buy it now before it sells out and get your money back quickly plus a little profit. Most of this stuff is bought on terms so the middle seller, WM, S&C, and Big Lots, can sell the stuff before they have to pay for it, or can pay for it and sell it very quickly, often in the same day or even hour.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-07-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for the clarification. I eat my words :-)
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-07-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
"It's basically just like Big Lots"

Or EXACTLY like woot.com (without the funny pictures and bags of crap). There are a lot of woot clones these days. One item, one day with the exception of Woot-offs (or whatever Whiskey Militia calls their X-offs, Bottomless something or another?). You can't keep things in your cart because they may not have any more to ship out by the time you decide to purchase.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
It would be great if they offered this, but I doubt it will ever happen. WM, SAC and the like make a little bit of coin off of shipping. They deal with UPS in high volume so they dont pay full price for shipping, however theyre still going to charge you full price for shipping.

I tend to buy two or three of everything to save on shipping, and I split the stuff with my friends or brothers. They do the same, and it all evens out.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
yeah all my stuff comes from Utah too.

their shipping is a little steep IMO. Its made me back out of a few 'deals' so far...
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-07-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Actually, they will let you pick it up. BC.C is a great retail success story. They were just bought by HSN. I hope they don't screw it up.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
Jim,

You can pick up. You pay tax, but it is a deal. I have done it at Steep & Cheap. Picked the Little Man up some Mick Fannings for like $12