Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2011, 11:11 AM Reply   
Another one at 27 from drugs . Didn't wanna go to rehab, no,no,no..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ndon-flat.html
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
**snicker** at the rehab comment.

She was pretty phenomenal.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
27 is a scary age for musicians that use drugs.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2011, 3:32 PM Reply   
Tens shocked....
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-23-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
How many is that at 27 now? 5? Cobain, hendrix, joplin.... I know i am missing a couple.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2011, 10:31 PM Reply   
I thought she would have died 2 years ago
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2011, 11:49 PM Reply   
There are others but the most famous ones are Brian Jones from the Stones and Jim Morrison from the Doors.....
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-23-2011, 11:55 PM Reply   
She should have died years ago. Won't miss that mess one bit. Sad for her friends and family , but she was worthless.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2011, 2:24 AM Reply   
Classy Andy. Nobody is worthless. In fact define worthless, relating to Amy winehouse in particular.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-25-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
I'm not going to get sucked into one of these debates that seems so popular on here these days. I stated my opinion. Move along.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
^Harsh
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
Agreed. Hopefully one of your family members never becomes a raging drug addict and dies an untimely death.

Could everyone see this coming? Absolutely. That doesn't mean she is worthless and deserved to die. She has a family and people that love her. That's an awful thing to say.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-25-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
I somewhat agree with Andy. I am not happy she is dead or anything and it sucks but she that had no business being popular. What in the hell has she done besides being a raging drug addict/alcoholic?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-25-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
Very sad, but not surprising. RIP Amy. Not my thing, but she was a talented musician. Strange how musicians seem to be the most common to get wrapped up with drugs.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
"What in the hell has she done besides being a raging drug addict/alcoholic?"

Lol, won, among countless other music awards, FIVE grammys. Music was her medium and although she was a hopeless addict she excelled in it.

And as for you Andy, you have made an idiotic, mindless statement and now you cannot back it up.Now you have opened your idiotic mouth obviously not really knowing knowing who Amy Winehouse was we must all move along. Well off you go then.............

BTW by your reckoning Hendrix, Heath Ledger, Marilyn Monroe, Joplin, Morrison, Cobain were all worthless.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-25-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
"What in the hell has she done besides being a raging drug addict/alcoholic?"

Lol, won, among countless other music awards, FIVE grammys. Music was her medium and although she was a hopeless addict she excelled in it.

And as for you Andy, you have made an idiotic, mindless statement and now you cannot back it up.Now you have opened your idiotic mouth obviously not really knowing knowing who Amy Winehouse was we must all move along. Well off you go then.............

BTW by your reckoning Hendrix, Heath Ledger, Marilyn Monroe, Joplin, Morrison, Cobain were all worthless.
Heath ledger was pretty worthless IMHO.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Bon Scott. I think he made it to his 30s though.

And lets not forget Brad Nowell of Sublime. who started an entire new genre of music that inspired hundreds of new bands.

Layne Staley of Alice in Chains.