Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    berykid            09-03-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
looking for advice on balast on a 89 tristar 190 thinking about 150 in each ski locker and 400-500 in the bow. any advice
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-05-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
probably need a little more in the back to even it off. I run 400 up front and 600 in the back on my malibu response.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-07-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
You are going to need alot more weight than that. In the rear of my 88 tristar I run around 350 in lead and sand tucked in the gunwals, then I have two full size sacs that run along side the engine pushed all the way to the back. The front you should only need about 200lbs because the gas tank is in the front on these boats. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding ballast for the boat. total I usually have between 1600-1900 lbs plus people.
Old    wakeordiex            09-07-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
My wakesetter usaully runs with 350 in the right and 500 in the left with 500 in the center MLS and 450 in the nose...a huge and perfect shaped wake!
Old    wakeordiex            09-07-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if the Orbit sprinkler valves are ignition protected? I'm planning on installing one to keep water from being forced up the scooper thru hull and filling my bags. Basically: 1.5 inch thru hull, PVC ball valve(for safety), 1.5 inch electric sprinkler valve, then 4, 1100 gph pumps to feed two sacs. Sprinkler valve would be right next to the gas tank!!!! I will also T-off the fill line to the vent, I assume this will begin to vent when the bag is full?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
Stan, do you have any major problems with taking water over the bow with that much weight? i have a 91 with a couple hundred pounds in sacks and when theres a full ride of people we are fricken close to taking water over... just wondering...
Old    berykid            09-08-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Stan, what about taking water over back due to the shape of the integated swim deck a couple of times it has come close with three people in the back. also do you have everything plumbed into your boats intake. do you have any pictures of where your boat sits in the water.
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
I have an 89 tri star open bow.If you slow to quick it will have water come over the back,and it is really nose heavy alot of rollers can come over the front if not paying attention.