Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
this is my wake with one 600 lb bag full in the rear, and 5 people in the boat. I was able to drop the rope yesterday for the first time. This is at around 10-10.5 mph. 06 supra 21v

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-26-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
gary, did you find that the starboard side was better? I was hoping it wasn't a figure of my imigination! I found also in my 21V that if you turn to starboard just a little and speed up to 11 it'll get rid of the wash and clean up real nice. I'd also fill up the bow sac and make sure that the wp is all the way up. That's how I ran this weekend with only 3 in the boat.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Needs more list - not more weight - more list.
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
my center bag would not fill the selonoid cable was malfunctioning. I was considering only filling the center up about halfway though. Wakeplate was all the way up. Easier for me to control with my toes toward the wake. Also just heard this morning that if you keep a slight turn toward the right it will clean up more?
Gary
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
more list? What is more list ed?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
List is how much the boat is leaning. My boat won't make a decent wake unless the rub rail is in the water - so be careful. Move weight as far out board as possible. Move wakeboards and anything else that isn't glassed in to the surf wake side of the boat.

Lastly on my boat we drop the trim tab all the way down for goofy and all the way up for regular, if you have a hydraulic trim tab play with that too.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2006, 4:10 AM Reply   
is the water being foamy (pix of surfer and kid) from boat going a wee bit too slow?

Wouldn't the rope being at that steep angle and so tight cause the surfer to throw body weight in the wrong direction (up and to the rear)?

That rope handle so close to the kid's arm and head is a little concerning.
Old    surfdad            06-27-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
With all due respect, guys. Certainly the wake could use some improvement and I'll not chime in on the safety issues. The wake, as presented, is surfable. As Gary has asked in a previous post, the more appropriate issue is the board he is on. Removing the child from the equation :-), Gary is too heavy for that board. The MAX weight is 220 and Gary is 250. Quite frankly when first learning, a larger board is just easier.

The attached picture is of me on a 5'0" Shred Stixx behind our Tige without any ballast. I weighed about 150 back then. As you can see the wake was crappy, but it's less adequate than what Gary has. So much is made of the wake and the size of the wake when the REAL issue is an ill fitting board, or a poorly performing board. Fiddling with wake size and shape isn't going to make an undersized board ride better.
Upload