Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    1kanaka            06-07-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
Hey all...

Looking for some recommendations from you people that have camped at New Melones. I need some info on which campground to stay at and which site # would you recommend. Mostly interested in the sites with shade, good separation from others, closeness to the facilities, and if possible close to the water. The map on the booking site is pretty lame.

Also, thinking about going the 1st or 2nd week of August. Currently the lake is at 79%..at what capacity is the lake TOO low?
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
looking at your profile did you by chance go to Pedro in say Feb/March and one of the guys on your boat jumped into the 50 degree water with nothing but trunks on right out of the Blue Oaks Marina? Just curious cause I swear I saw your boat that day.

As far as Melones goes. It is rideable all year long. There is never really a time when it is too low. It is still filling right now and you'll be fine in August. I can't give you a specific site to camp in but I can tell you that shade is at a premium up there. You can get some fair shade but not great shade in my opinion. The camping is a bit high up from the water so getting a site near it will be hard. You will get some good seperation as the sites are pretty well spaced. That'll all being said I don't want you to think it is a bad place to go. You'll have a blast no matter what site you get. The water is awsome up there and the lake is huge. Have fun man.

Chad
Old    1kanaka            06-08-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
No way was that me...I'm from Hawaii, there is no way you would catch this guy in 50 degree water!!!!

Thanks for the 411 on Melones.

(Message edited by 1kanaka on June 08, 2005)