Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
does anyone know of any wakeboard shops in the dfw area. the only one i know of is cd's and their prices are hardcore huge! any idea of any more?
Old    handyman            07-13-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
The slalom shop has a good selection.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       07-13-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
What is CD's? Never heard of that one. Agree with Handyman, the Slalom Shop has good selection and good people.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
go to http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/messageboard and ask there..as a matter of fact also visit http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com and i think theres a link to all the local shops on there..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Cd ski and board shop is in the Hulen mall area..

if your in FW go to Texas Mastercraft off 820 and randol mill rd area see them at www.texasmastercraft.com call them and ask for doug D he will hook you up..

theres a tournament there on the 24/25th of this month at their private lake..
Old     (weygone)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
i think there might be a new shop in granbury with wakeboards
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
I'll second Texas Mastercraft and ask for Doug.

SFH
Old    davidhoffman            07-13-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
The Warming Hut is alright. Nice selection.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
Texas Mastercraft - Doug. (817) 589 7547.
Waterski America.
Slalom Shop.
Warming Hut.

Old    bigd            07-14-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
Galyans has some. So does Sun & Ski if you like MSRP. Bass pro has some low end stuff for cheap.
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
ya granbury does have a new shop but its all like cwbs
Old    wakechick            07-14-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
Just remember when you buy from a shop like Galyans or Bass Pro, chances are the people who are selling it have no clue what wakeboarding is, or how to set up a board properly for that matter. Every time I go into the Galyan's here in Atlanta I see several board/binding set-ups where the bindings are put on the board with the toes pointing really far in toward each other (pigeon toed), or even set up backwards.

Of course bindings are easy to adjust, but I'd rather spend a little more money and support a local shop who knows what they are doing than to get a cheaper price from somebody who doesn't have a clue.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Frankly, you'd be stupid to buy from any place but one of the local pro shops. Doug at TXMC gives outstanding deals that blow the big guys out of the water.
PM me if you want more info.
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-15-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
im not a beginner and dont need a board just asking if yall knew of any good places for little things like fins and stuff like that
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-15-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Wade, if you dont have a board, why do you need fins?

Check out any of the places already mentioned, they will have more gear than you could ever need. If you do live in the DFW area, check out the Dallas Boat show this weekend.

http://www.dallasboatshow.net/
Old    part_timer            07-15-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
He said he doesn't NEED a board, not that he doesn't have a board. Any of these places buy/sell/trade used equipment? I have some Blindside bindings that are a bit too small (light use) and would like to get trade in value for them if possible.

(Message edited by part_timer on July 15, 2004)