Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-17-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Just driving around today and came across this boat. I know for lakes and small rivers the wake (if weighted to its max) may cause some attention and damage. However, I live basically on the Gulf of Mexico which is a large open body of water. There are huge cargo ships that navigate the intracoastal waterway here daily. Not to mention the tons of fishing vessels heading offshore constantly. So a waist to chest high wake would dissipate way before it got to shore.

Upload
Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-17-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
buy it! I don't see any problems even if you're running close to shore. A coastal shoreline (even the Gulf) is shaped to handle waves, small lakes and rivers are not. Plus the skimboarders will be stoked.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-17-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
Do it!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-17-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Any idea what that costs?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-17-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
I'm not sure it's really even for sale. It's at a boat restoration place. I am going to swing by there tomorrow and get a closer look and maybe have a talk with the guy. I was just thinking how you could do the insides for ballast and such. If it were for sale and the price was right, I'd do it in a heart beat.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-17-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Looks nice. I would love to find a boat like that and build a core wakesurfing boat. It would also likely be able to make a decent wakeboard wake to throw my friends a bone from time to time. Any idea on what manufacturer it is?
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-18-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
Hey Matt,

In addition to Stephen's question the manf - also what length is it?
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-18-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
thats one hell of a fishing boat.the only bad thing about it is the engine is damn near inside the wheel house.aswell as three quarters of the weight of the boat.long story short,you will have to put 8 thousand pounds in the rear to make it werk.not tryn to harsh out your session just tryn to save ya some time.mabe a couple of dollars.the wave 50 feet off the back will be easily longboardable with out any added weight.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-18-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
i think its a 28' albacore.not sure
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-18-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
I haven't had time to run by there today. Gotta get to Tee Ball practice. I've been called up to be the assistant coach by the spousal unit. I will have time to go look at it tomorrow though. Thanks for the info waterdog.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-18-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
Can managing the Marlins be far behind?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-18-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I had the fortunate position of coaching the kids on the field. Our head coach took one to the privates by a girl who was swinging the bat the wrong way. A quiet oooohhhh was heard by several parents standing around. It was pretty fun though.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-18-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
Here is another possiblity, and it's diesel. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24ft-Lyman-Perkins-Diesel-Inboard-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31271QQihZ015QQite mZ250217144852QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Old    surfdad            02-18-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that hurt me just with the image.