Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       09-13-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
Need new bindings for my son and looking for thoughts on these. Would prefer to spend $250 or less, so looking at these. Ronix Ones & CWB Marius are other options if I sprang for a few backs more.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
I have ridden in CWB Factions,ANSWERS,AND NOW have the MARIUS.The higher up you go the more comfort and adjustability you have.The Factions are a good value though.Try EVO.COM and check their outlet section.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-13-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
The Factions and Answers are essentially the same bindings. Both are more than capable. I rode the Factions all year last year and loved them. I'm riding the AA's right now. The superfeet foot bed is nice, but not totally necessary. I love the full velcro closure, though.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-13-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
how old is ur son? is he still growing? if so, wouldn't spend a ton if he will outgrow them.. ...but just picked up '11 Ronix Ones..super light and comfy. has moldable liners which help with comfort. not too stiff and responds real well..but a lil pricey. also been riding he AA's, can't go wrong with either if ur willing to spend the money..
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       09-13-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
Thanks to all for the input. I had Answers (loved them) and now have AA's (which I love too but sometimes blow out of). He's 17 and has been a size 12 for years, so I think I am safe on size. I'd go more expensive but he has just gotten the wakeboard bug after being a wakesurf and wakeskate guy for years. If his passion fades, I'd rather have wasted $200 than $300. Then again, if it sticks, it would be nice not to have to spens another $300+.

Interested if anyone had thoughts on LF Vantage. Look a lot like AA's. (He won't get those since that's what Dad rides as you might guess.)
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       09-13-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
By the way, you guys who ride AA's, does your hinge/heel always pop open? It doesn't do much closed, but feels better when it is. I can't see any way to adjust it so it stays closed.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-14-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidaddy View Post
By the way, you guys who ride AA's, does your hinge/heel always pop open? It doesn't do much closed, but feels better when it is. I can't see any way to adjust it so it stays closed.
Yep. I'm actually really, really disappointed with my AA's. Can't get em strapped down enough. TONS of heel lift. Hinge feels almost worthless, but still manages to pop open.

I actually went back to my old Answers... which actually still lock my heels down great. I've burnt through several pairs of laces though... and their getting a little too cushy so I'm slamming my toes more often than I would like now.
Still, I would definitely recommend them.

anybody wanna buy some AA's? :-)
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-13-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
yeah mine tends to pop open at times, but ur right. can't really tell though so maybe a non issue. CWB will probably fix if enough complaints about it...
Old     (airbeast)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-13-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
Can't recommend the factions. Been through 3 sets. The last one lasted about 8 days. Also the heel locks come unlocked constantly and something in the side ankle support really hurts your ankle bone when you tweak it out.
Old    readyaimfire            09-13-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
I usually ride a ronix one boot, but im waiting on my warranty replacemnt so I've been riding the '11 vantage closed toes lately. I like them a lot ... They can be very supportive if u want. Or if u want to leave them slighty loose and poke the he'll out of a grab, they do that too. I would recommend these for sure.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
I'm also thinking about a pair of factions, but I have heard a few stories about problems with them. I am assuming every boot has a few pairs with issues out of the thousands they produce. Is the problem w/the factions more excessive then just a few outliers?

Thanks
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
came from ronix cells to the closed toe vantage. love them and love the velcrow. they give good support but are alot softer than my cells, so grabs are easier
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       09-15-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
Not after that sales pitch Rich. I actually like my AA's but wish the heel lock actually locked the heel.

We ordered the Vantage CT. Riding this weekend. Review on Monday.

Thanks to all for the input.