Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-23-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Is Adobe Photoshop the cheapest/quickest or easiest software to use. I am working on a website and want to watermark a bunch of photos.

Will this or another software also let me "lock" a photo so it can't be copied or saved?

Is there anything else I am missing here?

Thanks.

Joe or Antbug, where you at? I know you can help. Thanks to all.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Photoshop is cheap for how powerful it is.
Photoshop is easy to use if you know how to use it.
Photoshop would be expensive if you're just going to use it to watermark photos.
Even if you do watermark the photos, there is no way for you to use Photoshop to deter people from saving that image from the website onto their hard drive.
It is nearly impossible for you to stop people from saving the photos they see on your website onto their computer. Scratch that- it IS impossible. You can watermark and put up copyright restrictions and deactivate right clicking all you want, that still wont stop someone from hitting the "print screen" button on their keyboard and pasting that into MS Paint or, you know, Photoshop.

The only way to keep a photo from being stolen is to keep it off the internet. It's kind of the same thing as keeping your car from being broken into- lo-jack and car alarms and locked doors wont keep someone with a crowbar from putting out a window. The best you can do is just to watermark the photos, throw a copyright clause at the bottom of the page and hope for the best. And as Steve Hahn has mentioned numerous times in this forum over the years, you should consider sending all of your photos in to the US copyright office from time to time to prove ownership of the photo. Perhaps he will be kind enough to provide that address again here.

(Message edited by scott_a on May 23, 2008)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
there's no way of keeping someone from snagging your pics. snagging pics off the net is easy, whether there's a lock on it or not, whether you watermark it or not. to protect yourself in case it does get snagged, like scott said, consider sending your photos to the us copyright office.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-26-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
I absolutely agree with what you both say. So, what is the easiest way to watermark photos?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Run a batch and action in PS. Add a copywrite and also enter your copywrite in the EXIF data

As for swiping pictures off the site, there is no fool proof way but you could place them in the site VIA flash.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
flash....bah. i'd snag it in a second.