Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-27-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
This is my daughter's new puppy, a Maltichon, 1/2 Maltese and 1/2 Bichon. We will find out this spring if she is a boat dog. She will only weigh 7-8 pounds full grown so no help on the ballast.

Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
sweet dobie hogfan i have six month old Warlock dobie and weights 59 pounds will post soon
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-27-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
She loves the water but to be honest she not a very good swimmer. She doesn't really kick her back legs. Its kinda funny to watch her..not too graceful! She's 4. I was told that dobe's don't really learn to swim until later on in life because the younger they are the leaner they are=no body fat to keep them afloat. She's the sweetest, smartest, most loyal-kind loving dog I've ever been around. I will always have a dobe!!! Thanks for the compliments!

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-28-2007, 4:03 AM Reply   
Rich,

That little dog is crazy. It's like a real life teddy bear.

Here is Bocce in his attempt to get the cats under the bed.

Upload
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2007, 4:25 AM Reply   
Thanks, Travis. She may not look like it, but she is pretty feisty and very lively. Once wound up, she tears around the house and being so small, you can't catch her.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-28-2007, 4:32 AM Reply   
Travis...does he ever get stuck? He looks pretty stretched out under there. What is the response from the cats when they play?

Rich...your dog could possibly fit on the dash...she could be a good spotter for you.

Hogfan...she is a pretty dog...lover her color. I can see that no fat=sink. Got to give her some table scraps...just kidding. I heard Dobies are real loyal. Does she ride in the boat good?

I think this is my favorite thread on here. Travis...looks like Bocce has a lot of friends. Hope you can handle all these poohes when they come to the Boarding School to visit Bocce. You might want to change the area on your site with accommodations to include luxury settings for your canine...:-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-28-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
Great looking Vizsla Josh. Mine learned to climb back up the ladder on the back of the houseboat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-28-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
hogfan- you just used all the same words i would use to describe my dobe...and she cant swim either but she loves to be in the water and she does the same thing about not using her back legs it looks something like this.......Upload
Upload
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Here's one of our Pug Daphne,

Upload
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-28-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
J-rod,that is awesome,you definitely got a smarty on your hands.

My friend took a crap once on my skideck so I guess if a dog did I would have no problem with that.lol

Every time a thread like this comes up I want to post my boys up but could never down size them.

Mr.Williams.....HOOK IT UP ALREADY!!!
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Here is our newest addition Roxy and their introduction.Upload
Upload
Old    wakejjboard12            02-28-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Toby...
Upload
Reef...
Upload
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-28-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
HEY JOSH!!!! WHERE IS BOB!

Post up the pics dude.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-28-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
J-Rod - How is your Vizsla? My in-laws one is always shaking and scared! I guess it mostly happens when it is windy or when it rains. I'm sure it is just theirs but I was curious if it was something across the breed.

He also doesn't produce tears anymore but I think that was because of the snake bite.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-28-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Alright, couldn't stay away from this thread any longer.

Here's my little one the day we picked her up. She had the same birthday as me so we couldn't pass her up. Best friend someone could ever have. Plus she's a great third and loves the water.

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
i don't have pics of my dogs chillin' in the boat yet so these will do for now.

moby & ollie
Upload

moby
Upload
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-01-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Here is my pride and joy, Zoe, when she was younger, she is a year old yesterday and around 90 lbs.

Upload
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-01-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
And another.

Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Travis....Sorry dude..all apologies to Bocce...I called her a he. Me bad!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Father and son

Upload
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-01-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Scott, He is a he! So no apologies needed.

Joe, I know I have I heard before but what are the mix of both our your dogs?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
travis, moby (white) is a mix of papillon & havanese, and ollie is a mix of papillon & pekingese.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-01-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
Beautiful Rottie -drew You have any updated pics? I miss having a rottie. You can see an old pic of my baby in my profile.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-01-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
J-Rod ~~ Right on with the Vizsla, mine Tekai is a bundle of energy. Then I add in my 1 yr old Weimaraner and watch out. Well as of right now they are fighting right behind my chair! It never stops with these two breeds but I would never take it back. This one is Tekai with Malayka 6 months old. There best dog pal's now!

Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Travis

Is he fixed....if so...we could start a debate about he being a he...hahahaha! I thought I caught a post earlier saying Bocce was a she and went into a panic. This post has turned out being really awesome. I can hardly wait to look for my own doggy this weekend.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-01-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
scott,

have fun @ the dog show i might not be able to make it, i might take the opportunity to go up north and do some sledding apparently they have been getting dumped on.........
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Andrew....I heard the same...I don't blame you. Get it why you can, for all we know it will be in the 50's next week thanks to el nino'
Old     (miller_time)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-02-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Hey E.J,

how do your boxers like the water? I really want a boxer for my next dog, but I want a dog thats not afraid of the lake, considering I'm there as much as possible. I'm looking at a boxer or a lab.
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-02-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
My 4 dogs, all of whom love the boat and the water. Bonzi and Jaxson are Goldens, Parker is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, and Abby is a pit mix...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-02-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Tollers!

Upload

Upload
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
It takes a real man to own poodles......

Kelly (weskel)Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
NO doggy yet...came back from the dog show this past weekend. I am totally confused, thanks to you guys and gals. It is all your fault. I like all the pics on here, now I can not make up my mind. I had a boxer lab mix....loved it. Boxers are cool. Dobers are cool, Bocce is a cool dude! Man decisions decisions. All I know is, I have to decide before boating season starts here in Michigan.... Tucker and Moby are cool and my daughters picks..???????just don't know!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
buy a cane corso.....great dogs
Old    walt            03-05-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   

quote:

buy a cane corso.....great dogs

Isn't that a fighting/guard dog ? I believe that's the breed of the two dogs that attacked and killed Diane Wipple in SF a few years ago. I had never heard of the breed until then.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Yes that is the dog that killed Diane Whipple. Also known as a Canary Dog.
Is on the list of dangerous dogs in the homeowners insurance companies too.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-05-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
cane corso's are bred specifically for security....they require extensive training to be in a family setting but 2 people i know that have them love them and they have small children.....cane corso=$$$$$$
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-05-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
Zoey, dalmation & Crash, baby blue pitbull.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       03-05-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
She cant swim either. Sinks like a rock!Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
...no killing machines.....I am in need of a dog that is good with kids. My daughter is 3 and my son is 1 1/2. They like our friends dober and their dober loves kids as well. Any suggestions? Are dobers good with kids typically? My insurance agent has pitbulls on the danger list as well. Our neighbors have one, and she is a very good dog. Are dobers on the list?...I wasn't looking that intently at the agents office. Travis....tell me the truth...is Bocce hyper? I tend to find small dogs very hyper. I want a dog the kids can play with and pet. The ankle biters across the street get out of their yard in our sub and are hard to chase down. Their kids can never catch them.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-06-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Get a Boxer they are great dogs. I think they are great with kids as well. They are very protective which is a great asset.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       03-06-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Killing Machine? NOT! American Bulldog, raise 'em right and they are great dogs. For every bad press release you find, you will get 100 good stories about any breed. The bigger dogs do have the potential to create greater injury, but the smaller dogs can be just as aggressive. No bashing or comparisons please, just a simple statement.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
any dog can be your families best friend with the right environment and proper training ANY dog will be amazing and a joy to own it all comes down to how much time and effort you are willing to put in.....sure some dogs are aggressive by nature and some are less hassle to own....my dobe gets along with anyone that is willing to let her...meaning some people have prior assumptions about certain breeds and i really have a hard time letting my dog around those type of people only because they treat her like she is something to be afraid of and she intern acts that way.....you could get a lab i have had one before they are very easy going and great animals.....you could get a golden but they are extremely annoying in my opinion (long hair, and all my friends that have young ones will never leave you alone)......dont even get my started on little dogs....

bottom line you have to make the decision for yourself.....

p.s. and oh ya they are presa canario dogs not cane corso's

(Message edited by 07launch22ssv on March 06, 2007)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
I love dogs.....make good companions for families. Like I mentoned...our neighbor has a pitbull...very nice dog. Our friends Dobie is great. I had a boxer lab mix....loved the dog. Size doesn't matter. I just wanted to know if a kid accidently (my 1 1/2 year old) decides to pull it's tail...what is likely the response. Some dogs might be more passive then others. One of my friends has a Husky....I would not trust that particular dog with a 10 foot pole. This is the only Husky I know to be aggressive. Can't explain why she would be that way either. I do know her owners do not have kids and they spoil her rotten. My sister's rotty lets the kids ride him like a horse. Now that is funny!

Thanks for the info...I agree that any dog will work. I am getting a puppy most likely anyway. So like you mentioned...take care of it properly, they will treat you back properly.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Ha this is my dad's girlfriends' Whippet. Man posessives... Anyhow I don't think he is cut out for boating, but he sure is a blast on dry land!Upload
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       03-06-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Whippets are fun as heck to watch on land! Fastest dog I've ever seen.
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       03-06-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Here's my boy Jack...he's a 3-year old lab/dalmatian/pit bull mix.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       03-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
"THE BOB"Upload
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-06-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
The Bob is a badass! You can tell he is in charge.

That little whippet just needs a coat. I swore I would never own a dog I had to dress, but Bocce would freeze to death in the boat otherwise.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Are you sure Bob isn't an E-wok?
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
i love it how people assume that dogs like dobermans american bulldogs english bulls cane corso rotts german sheps pits etc are bad dogs...there is no bad dog if trained from a puppy..its called a bad pet owner...smalls dogs can be just as agressive as other large breeds..id rather have a dog that is protective of the family instead of a little ankle bitter...the insurance deal is because of the amount of damage the larger size dogs can do..i know where i live its discrimation and there is no"list"...
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-06-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Upload Thats my puppy not a big fan of the water, but he's cool just chillin in the boat. Also he likes to steal my taco, while i'm in the water.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-07-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
I love all dog posts! Some of the pics are just classic.

FWIW and not that it matters, the dog(s) that killed Diane Whipple in San Francisco were Presa Canario's (Perro de Presa or Canary Dog) and mixes at that...the Cane Corso is a different breed.
Old     (millatime)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Rocky in his favorite spotUpload
A long day on the lake
Upload
Rocky and Duke
Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Has anyone notice...this is not cutting on anyone by any means. But they say the looks and personality of dogs usually match that of the owner. Can not judge personality thru a website.....But a lot of you do look like your dogs. Scroll back thru the pictures and tell me if I am the only one that sees this. Travis and Bocce are a match. Bill Montanye and Rocky, Dan and Shasta, Jaden and Karl, Tyler and Haize, and Wakemitch and his pooch with matching Integrity caps...those two even have the same look on their face. Very COOL! That means, My dog when I find him or her is going to be UGLY!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-09-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of my pride and joy:

Upload

O.K., seriously:
Upload
Trout and Cider (Trout is now 10 and Cider is almost 2)
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-09-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
I'll bite. Here is Zade playing the hurricane surf at the beach. Shes half pit half rot and if she gets near water you can not keep her out.

Upload

And here she is trying to reclaim her bed that was stolen by the cat.

Upload
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Ryan A, very well said!! Having a large breed that does not ovey is like having a "loaded weapon" sometimes. It is all about how you train your dog. Some people have absolutely no reason owning the particlar dog that they own. Different dogs fit in different families, personalities, situations, etc. Can't stand to see the person with the big "bad ass" dog that they have just to make themselves look "bad ass"! Or the person that just completely neglects the dog and expects it to be obedient! If you're gonna own a dog (no matter the breed) love it, train it, get it involved with the fam, and don't bitch about it if you're too freakin lazy to spend time with it!!!!!!!!..just my 2 cents
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-10-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
I have a Maltese, Neo Mastiff, and English Mastiff...my Maltese is the meanest of the bunch.

I think if someone broke in our house, the Neo would lick him to death....he does ave a meeeeeaaaan bark though.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/422940.html?1173583806
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2007, 12:09 AM Reply   
Where was I on this one..

Golden is Bailey. Mini English Creme Doxie is Twinkie.
Both are spoiled more than you can imagine.
Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
More pictures....more pictures. I am still having trouble deciding on what pooch I am going to get. The trouble is I get attached to most of them when I go to look. I have been to the humane society, pet stores etc. My wife and kids like all of them too. If I lived out on some acreage and not in a sub, I would own a few. We have looked at a Dobie, Chocolate lab, Boxer, and the Italian greyhound. I just don't know. I am looking for my picture of my Boxer Lab mix...this was classic. He use to wear shades on the boat. And yes he would leave them on. My dad's neighbor thought he was a pitbull....my dads reply was..."that ain't no pitbull.....that's a spitbull!". Yhea my dad is a redneck and damn proud of it. That dog would slobber a lot:-) Anyone have any pups for sale? I am from Michigan, but I am willing to travel up to 150 miles. Thanks!
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
scott,

http://www.secondchancedobes.com

http://www.petfinder.com
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Andrew....really good sites. Hopefully we will be bringing home our new addition soon.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-13-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Baxter 5 months...Portuguese Water Dog
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       03-13-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Keystone. Sure the chocolate ones are dumb but he's the best at the lake! Loves to be out on the boat with us.

Upload
Upload
Old     (ace77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-13-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Zao - She's a brat.
[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/ACE-Cox/Bennetts/s11.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-13-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Layla- She will be 2 this month. Loves the water and plays fetch which is unlike any other beagle I have had.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
here is my dog, his name is Hurley, he will be 4 in may, he's a border collie/black lab mix, best dog ever!! :-)
Upload
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-13-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Helmet on and ready for action. Here is my boating buddy, Chunk.

Upload
Old     (xstarmeli)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-13-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
John, Does Chunk wear that helmet while riding in the boat. If you could get him to wakeboard he would be totally stylin. Great pic!

Bethanie...Layla has the same smile as my parents beagle. Love those bottom teeth.

Jeff...Keystone is a good looking dog. He can not be that dumb...my friend has a husky that will not go fetch a frisbie and will not go into the water. It takes about a half hour just to get his dog on the boat. That is the first and only Husky I know that responds to H2O that way... big whimp.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
Scott, we will see how it goes this summer. I will try to get Chunk to wakeboard. He is a pretty wild dude so he wears his helmet for his own personal safety at all times. LOL
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       03-14-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Scott,
Keystone is not so much dumb as he is neurotic about certain things. He is 4 years old now and will still not go down our basement stairs because they are tiled. He also walks forward into our kitchen (tiled) but will not turn around... he will only back out! It's really pretty funny. I want to attach one of those back up alarms to him. Oh ya he still freaks out when we get the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and no one in our family has ever tormented him with it either, I just don't get it. He's just... dumb, but we love him!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Jeff, That is pretty crazy! You should shoot video of Keystone. Do they make back up alarms for dogs? The vacuum is a big ugly robot to him. My Boxer Lab mix had similar quirks about him. He was the best dog I ever had. He would drink out of straws. We had those clear kind of straws and if you left your drink on your lawn chair or in an area he can reach, he would finish off your drink. he would pucker somehow and drink out of a straw...weird. Plus as I mentioned before, he liked wearing sunglasses..no joke! He had his own favorite pair.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-14-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
There was a story on Dog Whisperer about a Lab with the exact same issue with tile. They broke him of avoiding tile too.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-14-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Me, Justin & Vinny

Upload

Vinny about to go on Gaurd Duty at the cable park

Upload

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-14-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
I must post this...The verizon people needed to get into the junction box in my backyard...they have 2 mastiffs to deal with.

Upload
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
A little late to the game, we just got him on Friday. My daughter is stoked, and so am I. Had him out on the boat Sunday, he did great!Upload
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Dean,

That is a cute little dog. What's his name? My neighbor has 3 of them, they are really funny little dogs.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks!
His name is Buster, my 4 year old's choice, and he has been a great little dog already. Typical puppy stuff, though he seems to have more personality than other dogs I have had or been exposed to. Definitely a funny little dog.