Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-05-2008, 3:41 AM Reply   
Centurion owners with Sideswipe, how does it work? Can you run it out both sides, or does it run the exhaust out one side OR the other?
Has anyone looked at how the exhaust is setup? Do they use a "captains call" type of exhaust setup? Any one have pics?
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
You have a three way switch that switches it from right, both, and left. The center position is both.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
I love my sideswipe but I live on a small lake. If you have to cruise a ways to get to your riding spot you might not like it. It is very loud when on plane.

I mostly surf now days so the noise is not an issue, we just idle to our spot and go. Wakeboarding, or cruising is where the noise gets to you. It echos off the spray and comes right back into the cockpit. My wife rides in the bow to avoid the noise when we wakeboard.

Overall a very good product. Sounds tough!
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
its simalar to captians call but does not give you the option to run it out in the normal location. If you surf a lot get fresh air exhaust, if you want your boat to sound like a iroc z get side swipe
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
I do know one thing, when I'm at the lake and these guys with the sideswipe like to cruise around with them open at 40mph it's annoying as hell. To me it's about like the riceburners around town with the fart can exhaust.
Old    boardco13            05-05-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
"riceburners with the fart can exhaust"

umm.... I don't quite know about that. There aren't too many riceburners that run 383s in them...

It can get get loud if you are just cruising, but if you are like me, you would think it sounds really cool. Some people don't like it, but that is why it is an option.

After having a boat with sideswipe and a boat without, I would much rather have one with it. While wakesurfing it really does make a big difference.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I should have clarrified Mitch, obnoxiously loud is more appropriate.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
there are a couple threads on www.centurioncrew.com that you might want to read.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
Way to loud and kind of tinny for my taste. My truck is loud but I don't want my boat loud. Its one more thing to compete with when stereo is on and people are trying to talk. Just get FAE. Just my 2c. I have family with jet boats that are loud and that is ok because they are fast and we don't ski behind them and have to listen the whole time we are skiing.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
while cruising, I run with one side closed. cuts down on the noise big time.

while it is a bit louder, what boat out there isn't loud?? how many times are you sitting on the dock or beach and have a boat cruising by and crack the throttle to show off and about make ya deaf. our boats just do a better job of ensuring this.lol
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
wait, does it just move the exhaust to one side or the other?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
IMHO, one of the worst inventions ever. It's sooo freakin' loud, I can guarantee a headache after a days ride in the boat. Forget about hearing the stereo or talking too.
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
does it eliminate CO like the CAT's that indmar offers?
Old     (robvtx)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-05-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
ryan is right, when cruising putting it out on just one side makes a world of differnece, i really like the sideswipe on my typhoon. but i wouldnt like it if it didnt have the option of choosing which side, cause it would always be loud
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Mercury has cats on some of the 08 Engines and will soon have them on all of them. All engine manufactures will if they want to sell them in CA
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-05-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
I just installed the FAE and love it. My ride is quiter and it makes a huge difference when riding. I also agree I cannot stand the side swipe exhaust. It reminds me of a lot of chapparel and reinell boats. I want to hear my tunes or my friends....OK sometimes I dont want to listen to my friends either.