Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    wakeboarder23            05-02-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
I just baught a wakeskate, im not sure what a good pair of shoes are
Old    norcalwsr            05-05-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
reef skate shoes are sweet and are made for what youa re looking for. But any skate shoe that has a mess type side will work out-
Old    hyperisliter75            05-30-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
puma meile....i know its weird hearing this...but if you ride foam then these are good...otherwise id roll with e moneys decesion and get reefs...some DC's are good too
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
Kampus KS-1
www.strictlyskates.com
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
Asics Top Sevens, mesh with gum rubber sole. $32 at Zappos.com. Unless you want to pay twice the price for a name. Chuck Taylors are good too.
Old    corkyswx2            07-13-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
I second the Kampus ks-01s... if you want to wait a few months the -02s will be out... the byerly's arent really comfy and the the DVS arent actually made for wakeskating, contrary to popular belief
Old     (xbar)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
I have 2 pairs of the DVS Dresdens and absolutely love them. They are very light and have incredible grip for all kinds of tricks. Yet not overly grippy so that you can adjust your position while riding. What's nice is that they dry out in a couple hours opposed to a couple days.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2005, 12:41 AM Reply   
the dvs ambush dresdens (which are modified from the original dresdens with wakeskating in mind) are actually on sale at buywake right now, so you might want to check those out.

Regardless, I'd recommend something with mesh, good drainage, and or fast drying material. Right now I'm riding with standard skate shoes (old dvs dills) and while I love the feeling of them while riding (weight and all), they're smelly because they hold water. And take it from me, stinky shoes suck.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-16-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
ohhhh lets not pass the buck electricsnow...stinky shoes are caused by stinky feet. not the water.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-17-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
I have issues when it comes to accepting responsibility...
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-17-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
I will take you and your stinky feet anyday Esnow.

itch

Myvans stink to hi heaven and my feet don't explain that
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-18-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
im sure the list is long of guys who would take e-snow any day regardless of what part of her stunk. its just mildly creepy/disgusting/probably true.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
scott "a is for a-hole" is a BASTARD!!! Freaking a, I worry that you're starting a rumor that just isnt' true....MY FEET DON'T STINK!!! Sheesh...

Anyway, as you were...
Old     (utmba95)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
If you have a foam skate and you don't want to spend much, try the Champion Zulu's. You can get them for under $30 and they have amazing grip.

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
Old-school vans on griptape work best.