Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-09-2014, 10:47 PM Reply   
Can anyone recommend a good shop please. Boat is an Axis A24 so no manor curves at all. Thanks for any help.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-10-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
Not sure how expensive you want but can recommend two different shops. I got my boat done at a little shop called JC's Window Tint (http://www.austinautowindowtint.com/) and they did a good job and were very cheap. Gave me a lifetime warranty too. Next place is where I got my wife's Audi tinted (http://www.austinwindowtint.net/) and they did an excellent job with a lifetime warranty. I would call them both and tell them what you have and get a price... Good luck! PS- Let me know if you ever need a riding buddy down here, I'd love to see the wake on that A24...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-10-2014, 12:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I ride Belton Lake a lot but I do love towing to Lake Austin on week days for a change of pace and Hula Hut. I'll hit you up as sonn as I get the motor through its break in period. Always nice to meet new riders in other nearby cities. I don't wakeboard much anymore but don't mind pulling people.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-10-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
Just tint it yourself. Really isn't that hard, just watch some vids on YouTube to get a feel for it. All you need is the tint, a spray bottle with warm soapy water, a razor knife, and a rubber squeegee. Just spray the outside of the glass with the soapy water and lay the tint out on it, cut it to size and trim it for the shape/curve of your windshield, then pull it off. Next spray the inside of your windshield with soapy water, peel the clear backing off the tint (painters tape works well, tape a piece to each side facing each other and leave a tab, the peel the painters tape apart and it should split the films). Then spray the tacky side of the tint and put it against the inside of the glass. The soapy water will keep it from sticking too hard and allow you to move it around until it's in the proper place. Then use the squeegee to smooth it out and pull the water out from between the tint and glass. Trim as needed to get a tight fit against the edges of the frame, and then let it sit for a couple days in the sun to fully cure the adhesive.