Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I have my eye on one of these, I have ridden the Marius and like it, but have heard so many good things about the Transcend that I'm still thinking about that one too.

Anyone ridden both and have any kind of comparison between the 2?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden both, Just the Marius. I can tell you what I've heard. Apparently the 08 Marius Platinum rides much faster than previous year Marius boards when this board was known to be on the slow side.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-01-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Yea, that was the one thing I was concerned about with the Marius, was the speed. And was wondering how much faster the Transcend is.
And how the pop and landings compare
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
I don't have the platty but the regular Transcend has both nice pop and soft landings. I haven't ridden a Marius though to compare. The Transcend has no center fin so that may or may not make a difference to you. I personally don't like center fins.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Steve-O--If you decide you want a 08 Marius Platinum, I've got a brand new one for sale still in the shrink wrap that I'm looking to get rid of for a good price.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-01-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
hey steve-o - i've riden the regular 07 marius now and the 06 absolute platty used to be the board that i used to own and my self and a friend have both snapped platty boards from CWB so i've since switched to hyperlite. I do like the absolute alot but just don't trust platnium boards at all they cost to much to be in 2 pieces on a wall...i still ride cwb binding though and the 08 zues rock.

But now i'm all hyperlite if you get the chance to demo the MAREK i just bought one earlier this week and i am in love with it. the best smoothest riding biggest poping board i've ever riden on. A friend told me when wait for us to pick him up at the dock that he could see the speed difference on it just from shore. and i've let 3 friends demo the board out and 2 of them are buying it one i believe just ordered it yesterday. so i would definetly put the MAREK in your possible boards if you can afford to swing that cost
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
The Platinum Transcend is an amazing board. A favorite on our boat for sure.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
^^ I love mine..
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have to agree with J-Rod on this!!! I rode the Marius for 4 seasons, and made the switch to the Transcend this year. Both are awesome boards!! The Marius will take some getting use to, But you will love it if you put in the time.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Transcend is the best board i've ever been on. so predictible, so consistant, nice and fast, not too loose, not too sticky, with the small fins its super legit.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
i've ridden both of them...07's and 08's...marius is slow compared to the transcend...very slow in my opinion...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Transcend..... Best board ever made.

We're leaving on a houseboat trip in the morning with a whole slew of riders. I can tell you for sure that at least 4 of the guys there will be on the Transcend. 1 on the Marius. Not sure what the other slackers are riding these days.

I've only met a couple people that didn't think the Transced kicked a$$.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
Evan....Can't wait for the 09' update..
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
i heard its gettin redone...
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
I love my transcend, wouldn't trade it for the marek. As someone said it's very predictable and consistent and the more lean I put into my edge the bigger I go. Only board that I like better believe it or not is the gator prospect.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
ive owned both and would definately say the marius fits me 10x better. i loved my transcend until i tried a marius. i will never ride another board. to me the transcend felt like it was really slow and draggy. the marius was a lot faster and poppier, if that makes sense.

just my .02
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
I have a 08 Transcend Platty and love it. I have ridden all on the CWB Platty's and the transcend is my fav. Also I have been ridding a CWb Platty for about 4 years now and have never snaped one and I weight about 250# so Im confused on how other guys are breaking them. I have come down hard many times in the flats and on the wake and never snaped a board.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-02-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Trans Platty rocks. Came off the Lute Platty and speed is definitely better. Still trying to get my timing down, but when you hit it, you launch- HUGE.
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2008, 12:02 AM Reply   
How does the transcend compare to the absolute?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-09-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
The Transcend is like an Absolute on steroids!!
Love the Transcend.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-09-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I've ridden both the 08 Marius platty and the 08 transcend platty and I have to say I love both boards. I've ridden the Marius since it has come out in 06 and it is a great board pops hard and consistent. Landings are super soft.

The transcend also pops very hard and lands soft and I'm trying to decide which board I'm ordering for 09. Both boards are loose without the fins but I think the Marius is a little looser. To me the Marius had a little more of a consistent pop probably since I ride it all the time. The real differnce for me was the type of pop I got . The transcend pops straight up since it is a 3-stage where as the Marius pops out more. The 08 Marius is faster than before but not as fast as the transcend.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
From what I understand there will be an update to the 09' Transcend shape....Can't wait to see it!