Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Anyone have a pair of these fins they don't need or know where I can get them?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
hahahha..i thought this was going to be something way different...hahahah
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-20-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
haha jr, i thought the same thing. Check out buywake.com they have all kinds of fins on there
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-20-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Getting you to look is half the fun. Some one out there has to have a pair they are willing to sell.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-20-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Jr..agreed on that....i was going to say...if you looking for those...this might not be the place to ask....are they legal?
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-27-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
hahaha, I thought the same thing guys

but sorry cant help ya out with the fins
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-27-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
mmmmmm blunts
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-27-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
loved that board

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard.asp?boardid=132
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-27-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
i was thinking along the same lines jason... ONLY... i have never ridden it, just recognize it and remember it
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-27-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
I guess I will have to call up Byerly Boards.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-27-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
I have those fins at home and even some after market rainbow's somewhere. I still have that board downstairs at my house
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-27-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I just bought that wakeboard for my collection.

I just need the blue and white byerly from 97 and then I'll have all of his wake tech models (minus the r rated graphic on his bat tail model, but I'm not really digging that one too much anyway).
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-27-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
esnow,

I saw one of those on Ebay about a month ago. It was awesome, but too pricy for my collection at current. I hope you find one, it is a classic!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-27-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
the blue one? Sometimes the boards are more than I'm willing to spend...it took me YEARS to finally get a good blunt at a good price and I'm seriously hyped.

thanks for the well wishes! Nobody's really ever done that, as far as my collecting habit is concerned. :-)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-27-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
puff, puff, pass
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-27-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
yep, blue and white. I have to wish you well because I feel your collector's pain. My biggest loss is letting a wakeboard bench comprised of two Byerly Pro Flight 69's slip through my fingers. The boards looked brand new.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-27-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
the not so naked chef, I also wanted a full byerly collection but hard to do with out spending alot of cash. Good thing you don't collect old skate decks. I have seen a old cab in a plastic wrapper for 1500.00 and some rat bone wheels for 500.00. I kick my self for getting rid of a bat tail proto type I got it from Stephen Kaplen when he and walman spent some time with scott in FL back in the day.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-27-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
esnow, not a byerly, but one i feel you will appreciate:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOUBLE-UP-FULL-TILT-THOMAS-HORRELL-WAKEBOARD-WAKE-BOARD_W0QQitemZ120188387593QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4736 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but if i had my pick, i would love to have a megaman.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-28-2007, 1:09 AM Reply   
ahhh...I'm actually watching that board right now. ;) I don't have a lot to spend...but I feel lucky with what I have right now, and I've seen that one on the 'bay recently. I have the turntable deck that I bought for like 51.00 a few years ago and it's unridden. The other ones I'd like would be thomas' chinchilla graphic and mike's mudflap graphic.

Squid, I used to collect old skate decks. :-) That was the first kind of board collecting I ever did, but I learned that some of the sweeter decks would be out of my price range. I feel OK about letting that go though because I feel much more connected to the wakeboards and wakeskates than I do skateboards. I do have a few decks that i wanted as a kid but could never get (and it's funny because I still have school journal entries talking about my cab mechanical dragon that i wanted but never got). I'm still into following that stuff though. i have three different runs of Disposable (including the limited hard cover edition, autographed by the man himself) and I dig skate and annoy's "ebay watch" column.

Here's a shot of my old skateboards. The neil blender on the far left was my first "real" skateboard--like a big name board and not a variflex.Upload
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-28-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
ESnow! I landed my first invert on that blue Byerly! I gave to a buddy of mine in 2000 after I taught him to ride and he was stoked to start riding alot. He never rode after that and its been sitting in his garage untouched for years. Wonder if he still has it?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-28-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
esnow damn...i wish i still had my old skate decks...i had those exact same Hassan & stevie Cab decks...i'm sure everyone remembers hustlin paper routes before school to buy all their skate stuff...i know i spent a small fortune on decks trucks and wheels back in the late 80's early 90's...good memories