Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
....I swear I thought these were clean...first cleaned with orange glow...then 3m vinyl cleaner. Then i saw the other thread on magic eraser and gave it a try....now they are clean!!!!!! the second pic is the sun pad....and trust me it looked pretty clean before but it needed that extra .....and the eraser did it...they now have a heavy duty version. excuse the low quality pics

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 19, 2007)

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 19, 2007)
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-19-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
magic eraser FTW!!

that stuff is the shiz!! looks good mike!
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-20-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Just use it by itself, or with a cleaning product?
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-20-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
I had great results with warm water and a little dish soap. I dont like to use too harsh of a chemical on my upholstery. The stitching can become weakened with too tough of a cleaner.
Old    K.B.C.            10-20-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
I could be wrong, but there is no chemical involved when cleaning with the Magic Eraser. You'd probably have similar results as above. I know I've been surprised a few times by how dirty the vinyl actually was when I thought it was pretty clean.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-20-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
at first i used water and it was great...then I tried it with 303 to make it a one step process....worked just as well!......yes there is no chemical in magic eraser......its just the fibers in the sponge have the ability to pull the dirt out of the texture of the vinyl....everything else, cloths ets...just wipe over top and cant get into the crevices to get the real dirt out.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
I swear by those, but you have to be careful, they are basically a micro sand paper. I use them on my seats and white hull of my last boat, but be careful on any dark vinyl, painted or powder coated surfaces, or dark gel coats. I started to go to town on my black tower and could start to see dulling and abrasions.
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Be careful if your boat is under warranty. They see that something like that has been used and you are out of luck. Stay on top of your cleaning, keeping the boat covered and your seats will look fine for a long time.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-24-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Michael ~~ I just had the success of using the Magic Eraser and posted on here at http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/502062.html?1191722014 We used a mild soap and then while still wet we went over with the Magic Eraser and wow was it great.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-24-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
oh yea I remember that one....beauty job!...so thats how you did it .....I didn't even know what a magic eraser was at that time...heard about it but never paid much attention. However I do see the point that some make about it being abrasive....so I will see how well I can keep the upholstery clean if I stay on it.....but if your boat really needs it...I havent seen or heard of anything better.