Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
First off, I want to thank all the volunteers, officers, and sponsors (VS Marine and Mobley's boardshop) who worked so hard to make this event possible. It was no doubt the biggest wake event the Central Coast has ever hosted.

Riders from all across the state battled some tough water conditions to fight for the $2000 cash purse.

The results for the event were as follows:
Collegiate Men:
1st Kevin Bird (Stockton City College)
2nd Daniel Doud (Lake Tahoe City College)
3rd Kyle Shipley (UC Davis)

Collegaite Women:
1st Shelby Kantar (Sacramento State)
2nd Fallon Nelson (Chico State)
3rd Julie Martinson (Cal Poly)

Open Men:
1st Jaret Brantley
2nd Chris Brard
3rd Perry Richmond

This was one EPIC event!!!
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-01-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
The final results only tell a small part of the story. Dozens of riders and hundreds of fans gathered for a two day celebration of wakeboarding.

9 fatsacks in the Tige 24v kicked up a monsterous wake that the riders were able to find inspite of the gale force winds howling. Jaret Brantley and Kevin Garduno kept everyone entertained (or at least shaking their heads and rolling their eyes) as they spit a running commentary for two days. The Saturday night afterparty at The Shack duped the riders and staff into thinking they could break it down on the dance floor. The Sunday afternoon concert at the lake stoked everyone out as they listened to SIKO bust some chill funk to a background of buttery-flat water and rolling green hills.

I for one was incredibly impressed. This was how I spent my final moments as acting president of the Central Coast Association of Wakeboarders after two years of hard work I stood on the stage and announced the winners and then my retirement. The club is in better hands now (those of Mr. Jared Couch and his motley crew of able-bodied officers) but I will certainly miss it. And I know that my fellow retiring officers will as well...after all, they did more for the club than I ever could have.

Long Live CCAW! This club is on the map now. They do it right and they represent wakeboarding in a way that all of us that love the sport appreciate. Get involved in this club, start your own club, meet some people and get out and ride. Because as I always tell everyone in CCAW, "Wakeboarding is the only sport that everyone can do together regardless of skill," other sports aren't fun for a pro and an amateur to do together, wakeboarding is. The friends and memories spent in the boat and priceless. Appreciate them and appreciate the people you ride with.

That is all.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I must say, this event was very well put together. From the amount of preparation and dedication from those in a position to make it happen, to the quality of riders that were in attendance. This event had it all!! I know a million pictures were taken & film was recorded. I can't wait to see where CCAW goes in the next few years, its had(has) some great people involved and its hard to imagine it slowing down. Thanks again for an awesome weekend!!! CCAW!!! CCAW!!!
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
Big thanks to CCAW and everyone who helped make this event possible! I had so much fun over the weekend seeing friends and getting to ride behind the loaded Tige. The dance party was one for the books and Perry Richmond's nose glide into the back of the random boat in the course was pretty epic. I look forward to next year when I can hopefully represent for Cal Poly! CCAW!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-01-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
Did ya notice that all the winnin' riders are Delta Wakeboard Camp coaches? We got it goin' on.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-02-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
leave it to Tom Conway to throw in a plug, I love you tom! Nice to see an appearance by Perry Richmond, a great wakeboarder that we don't see enough of.
Mr Andrews, I for one, understand every word both the sadness of leaving and the joy of whom you are leaving it to. Thank you for your love of the sport and I am sure that one day we will meet, and look forward to it.
Jared, you are a gem. You have taken on a big task and anything that we at the CLWC can do to be of assistance, don't hesitate to call.
Due to scheduling conflicts we were unable to attend but I know that we will be making the trek up sometime in the future.

hugs to all, robyn
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-02-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
pictures????
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Pictures are being worked on. They are all very large files.

Robyn, when the boys are looking for college Cal Poly isn't a bad place to be. Obviously Sac & proximity to the Delta is ideal, but as a local I must say SLO is a great place for wakeboarding & living. Heck, Jared & Doud are locals & both top riders on the west coast. Hope to see Eddie up at WCC this summer, I'm sure I'll be stopping by.

Edit: Oh yeah, CCAW is rolling hard to Spring Ride!!

(Message edited by stephan on May 02, 2007)
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Correction on the College for Kevin Bird
It's San Joaquin Delta College
www.deltacollege.edu
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
It was great to have Perry out with us for the weekend, he's a really cool guy and one hell of a wakeboarder. Jaret Brantley was also a nice surprise to have present, a great houseguest as well as pure inspiration on the mike. He's ok on a wakeboard too. GraduWAKEtion was a success and a reflection of all the hard work put in by the new group of dedicated officers led by Jared Couch. I'm just glad to have been a part of this all and may CCAW grow ever bigger and stronger.