Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-04-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
Tried to buy a wakeboard and we had agreed that 30 bucks or close to it would cover shipping. Now it seems that UPS is trying to charge 70. Any one got a cheaper solution for shipping or is that about the going rate?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-04-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
I'm sure the problem is that you're getting into dimensional weight. The size of the box is dictating the price, not really the weight. Have you tried Fedex ground? Heck even get a quote from USPS.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-04-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Make sure the box is as thin as possible. Around 4" should be enough if you get too big the actual weight doesn't matter. As Was stated they go by dimensional weight.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-04-2014, 5:04 PM Reply   
What size of box are you shipping it in? If the box is too big one way or another, it can get expensive. I know as little as going from a 4" tall box to a 6" tall box will make your price shoot way up.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-04-2014, 5:45 PM Reply   
I use US Post Office and its around 30-35. Like said make the box as small as possible as they measure and then use a LxWxH formula for cost.