Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       06-14-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have a Centurion V-Drive Elite with a ballast under the middle of the boat, and borrowed a 400 pound Fat Sac from a friend to put in my back locker on either side for wakesurfing. The problem is...this Sac doesn't seem to be cutting it! With the Sac full, the water is still like 6in below the black bumper line around the boat. The boats I have wakesurfed behind, had the water line right at that bumper line. My wave seems too small, and all my riders including myself cannot find the sweet spot, and if we do, you can only hold it for like two seconds

So what should I do? Get a bigger Sac, or can another sac be put on top of the existing Sac and be stacked, or put another Sac in my back seat corner in addition to the one in the locker? This is frustrating stuff...help!
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-14-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
You need to go to centurioncrew.com and post your question there. Plenty of Elite drivers there that will help you with weighting.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-14-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
Youre putting 400s in both lockers when youre surfing, or both 400s in one locker (the surf side)? For surfing, move both 400s to the locker on the side youre surfing on. Add a 370 tube sac to the side, and a 540 to the front. On the Elite V you want the front weighted to give you the wave and pocket you need.
Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       06-14-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
I'm not sure how much weight is in my stock ballast, but I have that full(bought the boat used and didn't get a manual). Then I have one 400lb Fat Sac in the back corner locker. No other Fat Sacs on the boat, except for the fat asses sitting in it on one side...hehe...J/K! Maybe all the people on my boat are too skinny, and not adding enough weight!!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-14-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
You need more ballast, around 1500 total surf side
Old    kx250frider617            06-14-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
I would go out and get at least a 750 pound sac for the back locker, then throw your current 400 on the same side on the seats or on the floor.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-14-2013, 3:18 PM Reply   
Stock ballast on that boat is 250#
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-14-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
The Elite V has plenty of potential to make a great wave, however it is hungry for ballast.
Start with (for regular foot surfing):
Your little midship tank full (250lbs)
A 750 lb bag in your rear port locker
An additional 750 on the port bench (or floor)
A small bag (250-400) in your observers compartment
A small bag (250-400) in your Starboard locker
VERY IMPORTAINT – with this amount of weight you will need to surf faster than 11.0 mph, we are around 11.5 – 11.7 mph.

Go Pro pic attached.... they all look great from this angle
Attached Images

Old     (michelle69)      Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Chico, CA       06-14-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
That's a good looking wave!!

Do you have a Centurion V-Drive also?

Seems like a lot of Sacs to buy, but I guess if one is serious about wakesurfing, then it's what has to happen
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-14-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle69 View Post
That's a good looking wave!!

Do you have a Centurion V-Drive also?

Seems like a lot of Sacs to buy, but I guess if one is serious about wakesurfing, then it's what has to happen
Its a great wave:

The problem with surfing is you always want more wave, which equals more sacks..

That is my friends Elite V, I just sold my Falcon V and replaced it with an Enzo
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-14-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
Wakesurfing requires tons of weight (literally). On my new Enzo, I run close to 4000 pounds.

All Centurions, with the exception of the proper ski boats, are V drives.