Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (dragan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
I am considering buying a Malibu or Tige boat, either the Wakesetter 23 LSV or 247 LSV or Tige RZ4. I am planning on using the boat for wakeboarding, wakeskating, and wake surfing. In addition, I want to be able to cruise down the Colorado river and Lake Havasu with the family and friends (around 8 people) and not get beat around. Both aspects are are equally important to me.

So my concern is how do these boats handle cruising down the Colorado river (near Moabi, Topock gorge, sand bar, etc) and in the rougher waters that can occur at Lake Havasu? Would I be better off getting an I/O instead maybe a Chaparral or Cobolt and put a wake tower on it?

I am sure their are many members on here that use their wakeboard v-drive in these waters and could offer some great advice.

Thanks!
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Check out a Centurion. Thick hull with a deep V and will def. handle anything you are wanting to do and not beat you to death in that rougher water.
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-29-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
+1 for Centurion. Coming from a former Centurion owner who now owns a BU. The Avalanche or any C4 hull Centurion will slice through chop like butter.

(Message edited by k_b_stephens on June 29, 2009)
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
+2 for Centurion.

T
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-29-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
I just got back from a week long trip at needles/topock. It's a long ride in a wake boat going to havasu from there. Any boat is going to do well in the moabi/topock area, that water is smooth most of the time. Havasu is a different story!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-29-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
If you want to cruise faster than 35 MPH get and I/O. If you like to cruise at around 30 get a wakeboat with a plate to adjust trim if possible.
The boats you're mentioning are the same size as a 26' I/O
I'd test drive the Sanger 237 when you are testing the others.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       07-01-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Just finished demoing a Bu VLX and Tige 22Ve. The Tige with Taps dialed in handled chop about 100 times better.