Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2009, 6:44 AM Reply   
I have been capturing and editing some HD video I filmed with a Canon HV40 camera and I am having problems with the image quality. I filmed 24f for most of the footage and when I capture it and watch on the viewer the quality is fine, but when I edit it and watch my progress in the sequence, the image looks streaky, any suggestions?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
screenshots would help....streaky is kinda vague
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-15-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
I think you're probably looking at a lorez preview. Do you see a green bar above the video timeline? Until you reconform it that's what you'll see. The viewer is the RAW footage and doesn't need rendering.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-16-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
What is reconforming? Just Burning it to DVD or converting it to another format? Sorry about the screen shot I'll try to get one up
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-16-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Here it is

Upload
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-16-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
That may be hard to see but its the biggest size I could get in
Old     (mikel_j)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-16-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
Does your footage look fine if you export a quicktime of the sequence? Does your sequence preset match your footage format? In a new timeline edit in a clip and final cut should ask if you want to convert the sequence to match the footage. Click yes and is the problem still there during playback?
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
It stays bad when I export to quicktime. I'll try what you told me, thanks.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-18-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Not sure what your exact issues are, but I had a fuzzy issue once after post production. I "deinterlaced" my entire video once I finished, and it worked good for me. Again, not sure if it's related to your issue, but it doesn't hurt to try. I believe the deinterlace is under the video filters tab. Good luck.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-18-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
That might help since most computer monitors don't display interlaced video properly.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
thanks for all the help, fixed it