Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-06-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have been searching but not having any luck. I remember a thread regarding what to bring on a houseboat, as far as supplies, things you don't want to forget, etc. Could have been here, or possibly on MBO. Most importantly, I also remember someone had posted a couple lists (very complete) of things to bring, and also remember one that showed meals, and how they shared cooking duties, something like that.

Sorry to sound like a dummy, but I am taking my first houseboat trip next week to Shasta, and we have been discussing the food thing, and trying to get it organized. Some of them have been on a houseboat before, but a few of us are virgins. I was just hoping for a bit of input from you vets.

If someone either has a list, or can point me to a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks in advance,

Buzz

BTW - Beer is a given! Anyone who knows me probably knows that!! Duhh!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Much easier to buy the food and split it by the number of heads. Most houseboats are loaded with everything you need.
Old     (scotty_doo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
Don't forget the Tecate or Buzz will have somebody's head!!!
Old    bobbymucic            06-06-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Buzz,

I just sent you a file. Hope it helps.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-06-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Take a 5 gallon jug of bottled water for drinking teeth brushing etc.... They put bleach in the holding tanks to kill alge and the water tastes like crap IMO. Also dont forget some yellow jacket traps to hang up if the meat bees are out. Laundry soap for doing towels etc...
Have great time.
Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-06-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
I just got back from a houseboat trip to Lake Mead. There were 15 of us and we were all virgins. We had the food organized by day and by responsibility. Breakfasts were just cereals and danishes, lunches were sandwiches (both meals prepared by the individual) and dinners were planned out meals (burgers, frozen lasagna, etc). We assigned two people to cook and two people to clean up afterwards. Because of the limited clean water tank we opted to bring paper plates and plastic silverware. This worked out for the best I think as we were "low" on our return trip home. We didnt want to have to pull up anchor and make a marina run in the middle of the trip. We had everyone bring their own liquor, beer, sodas, etc and only had communal water, limited snacks, lunch meats etc. It seemed to work out pretty well and we had some leftover food at the end of it all. It was blast and I would definitely do it again!

Have fun!

Nick
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-06-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Buzz, I am assigning you to cook all meals and clean up afterwards. As for me, I will just over see everything. Oh, and if there are any cute gals on the boat, they are not allowed on unless wearing a bikini that I approve of. Also when wakeboarding in glassy conditions I get to go first and as long as I want or until conditions get choppy, then you guys can take a turn. lol
Old    clubjoeskier            06-06-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
Man!! "Iron Fist" Perry!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-06-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Scott,

Tecate is just the "boat beer" since it is in cans. I will have orher "real" beer for the houseboat. lol

Bobby,

Got it. VERY NICE. It will help a lot. I am afraid we will not be quite that organized, but nice work man! Thanks.

Rick,

What makes you think we will be drinking any water?? j/k Great idea.

Nick,

Good stuff. I like the idea of not having to do dishes. Takes away from play time!

Dan,

Wake up dude! You are either dreaming, or having a nightmare!! I have "babe watch" and you cook and clean. After all, the boat is in your name!

Joe,

Wassup!!

I know what he can do with his "iron fist". Hhhaaaa! j/k Captain!!
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2005, 11:16 PM Reply   
Buzz, We have been on many houseboat trips and have found the best way to do things is how Nick described. Try to get together with everyone and decide on what everyone wants to ear. Create a Menu for each day. Breckfast/Lunch/Dinner. We found it easiest to just have each person pitch in $50 for food, $50 for gas, and $50 for booze. This has been moulded over the years and the $ 50 usually works out just right. If there is left over money you can use it for whatever is needed for additional stuff;usually ice. If you payed a deposite, try to use your deposite for the final gas fill up bill. Good luck and have fun