Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wakekid14            02-17-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
I was thinking of starting my own little fat sac pump company, right now ive got four prototypes. I have made a few modications to the attwood 750's and am looking at selling them for 55 new. If anyone is interested let me know... hyperlite87@aol.com
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
watch out dude,
Atwood might have a slight problem with that.
I know if I were a pump manufacturer, I would.
There are laws against what you are doing.

I don't mean to be a D
I just spend a lot of time trying to invent
stuff... and I have a moral issue with what you are suggesting. See, atwood is in the business
of pumping water in and out of boats. Now,
if you've discovered a new and different use for that pump, say, as some kind of sex toy, thats
entirely different. But if you pump water in a boat with it then you are breaking a very simple code among inventors. You sound like you might
be onto something. Just figure out the right way to do it.
Its just not the same as using PVC pipes to make speaker enclosures. Which BTW I've made some kick-ass ones. Wanna buy the patent??
Old    wakekid14            02-17-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
lol, i dont think you got quite what i meant, i didnt touch the pump unit, i just put a fused cigarete lighter adapter on the power cord and got a less restricting attachment on the end of the hose....those were my modifications....
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2003, 3:48 PM Reply   
since when is $55 for a pump cheap? I still think Atwood would have a problem with you using their pump as Sandy said.
Old    wakekid14            02-17-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
ok i'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here, im a little new at this, but the attwood pump is used by many other companies as fat sac pumps, did they go to attwood and ask permission, here's my reasoning, i own the pump, im not changing its design im just adding a little bit of tubing and a cigarete lighter adapter...i cant sell a couple of these...where would attwood have a problem...i buy there pumps, they make money, i buy some other stuff, people make money, i boost the economy by about .000000000000000000001%, everyones happy, unless of course there's some law saying i cant do this, and i dont think i'm in violation of any patnent laws, i have changed the product by 25% and have not even touched the pump unit its self....other companies are doing almost exactly what im doing. Oh and the pump lists for 65 in overtons catalog....but email me and i'll cut you a deal....
Old    wakekid14            02-17-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
by changing the product i mean a fat sac pump, not the white pump unit its self...
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
people pay $65 for a pump, that is crazy. I bought mine pumps for way less than either of those prices.
Old    jmccallum            02-18-2003, 6:01 AM Reply   
Why is your "pump" better than stock Attwoods?

Faster?
Solves a priming problem?
Built in, automatic, non flow-restricting valve?

Just curious as to the "compelling reason" why people should buy it. Sorry I must have missed something.
Old    chris_hargis            02-18-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
Wow, I paid $50 for my 2000 pump with lighter adapter and hose with fitting.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-18-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
where?
Old    chris_hargis            02-18-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
The Ski Club here in Montgomery Alabama.
Old    wakekid14            02-18-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
ok...am offering the same pump that the other guys offer, just a less restricting connection on the other end of the hose(the one away from the pump) and put a fused cigarete lighter adapter on it. Thats all i did, this way it has a higher flow rate and wont ever overheat the wiring....thats all i did.....
Old    jmccallum            02-19-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
Did you do a comparison test? How much faster?
Old    wakekid14            02-19-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
i havent yet..just the end piece on the hose has a larger opening than the one on my 1000 gph that i bought..
Old    wakekid14            02-19-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
oh yeah the pumps for sale on ebay if you want to pick it up cheap....lol, no buyers on this message board...heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23807&item=2711860 053