Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-17-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
And the put out an even more expensive G25. How funny
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
I think it is because Nautique knows that "We" aren't going to afford a G14 let alone a G21...... and the guy who can afford a G21 would rather have the G25 he can also afford.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-17-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
A G21 should be in line with the new 230s price wise, considering I went out on a 230 that had sticker price of $114k
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-17-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
It is coming. A dealer told me so. Say goodbye to 210 and 230.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-17-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
Im just patiently sitting back waiting for a large number of 210s to go on the market when it comes time lol
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       07-17-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Nautique needed something to compete with the larger master crafts and 247 Malibu as a Coastal boat or just a giant family boat. The 230 or G23 is simply just not big enough for some people, its like an Escalade and Escalade ESV. Why settle for something when you could have something bigger. When you have a ton of money, go big or go home right?
Needless to say, there will be a G21.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-17-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
It's amazing how quickly the 230 will be gone from the lineup.
One of the best boats ever made for our sport. I predict it's gone in 3 years max.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-17-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
230 is prolly my favorite wake ever
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-30-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
LR3- are you quoting MSRP because I don't know of any 230 Team editions going for that much
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-30-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Talked to the dealer & looked in person. Coastal Edition 230 w/ 409. Is listed for $114k so maybe could get it for low 90s??
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-30-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Depending on a few other options (Z5, underwater LED's, etc) that sounds about right. I wasn't sure if that was the discounted price from MSRP. A discounted 2012 230 shouldn't be 114k unless absolutely optioned out + trailer + a few other things than maybe. Coastal Editions are definitely more due to the Cruisader engine as well as the sealed steering cable, anodes, closed cooling, corrosion resistant wiring harness, etc. You live in the Orlando area right? Message me sometime man always looking for new peeps to ride with, even cable.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-30-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Something to compete with the X-2 would be awesome! My biggest problem with the X-2 is the lack of ballast. It only comes with like 500-600 lbs...
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-31-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPHeR35 View Post
Something to compete with the X-2 would be awesome! My biggest problem with the X-2 is the lack of ballast. It only comes with like 500-600 lbs...
No way it can match the X-2. I mean just look at these figures!

Empty weight: 12,375 lb (5,600 kg)
Loaded weight: 24,910 lb (11,300 kg)

It is kind of tough if you have a large crew though:

Crew: one, pilot
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-30-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Compete with the X2? Ha! In your wettest dreams! The only thing that can compete with an X2 is an F22 Raptor being flown by the Red Baron, narrated by Morgan Freeman, with an original score written by James Horner flying over the Super Bowl!

I dare anyone to prove me wrong!
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-01-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Compete with the X2? Ha! In your wettest dreams! The only thing that can compete with an X2 is an F22 Raptor being flown by the Red Baron, narrated by Morgan Freeman, with an original score written by James Horner flying over the Super Bowl!

I dare anyone to prove me wrong!
I'm sorry I'm confused by your sarcasm. Are you saying an X2 would beat a potential G21 any day? why?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-01-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
I want at 210 come rich boys dump them!!!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-01-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I want at 210 come rich boys dump them!!!
Looks like you and I will be fighting over them lol
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-02-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sorry I'm confused by your sarcasm. Are you saying an X2 would beat a potential G21 any day? why?
Where do I begin? I'll use a quote from Phil Soven:

"Few experiences in my life compare to the first time behind the X2. On my first cut in, faced by a mountain of water, I was reminded of Sir Edmund Hillary, climbing Everest ("because it's there"). The wall of water and I met in a euphoric synergy of bone, muscle, fiberglass, and water carved with Michaelangelo precision, and I found myself as I had in childhood dreams, shaking my fist at gravity and propelled to the phylogeny of Eagles, soaring. I don't remember the roar of the engine, the tug of the rope, nor the chill of the wind, I remember only a feeling of quiet resignation to the boat and it's maker. Indeed, for those 4 seconds in the air, I felt like God. Upon landing on the buttery declination of my first wake's hydrous twin, I saw it fit only to let go of the rope, as my body lost all it's power, and lay in the water, and I wept. The power and beauty of the wake rendered me into an emotional abyss of tears. Behind the X2, I find myself living deliberately, and now, having ridden what Sir Thomas More could only describe as utopia, I find that I can now go to my death bed, knowing that I have now really lived!"
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-02-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
^^ hahahaha an X2... is this for real? So because Phil said it, it MUST BE TRUE! The boat is 20' long and has very little ballast stock. Am I saying its a bad boat? Absolutely not but why are we even talking about an X2 compared to a G21 that isn't even released yet... JOKE
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-02-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
^^ hahahaha an X2... is this for real? So because Phil said it, it MUST BE TRUE! The boat is 20' long and has very little ballast stock. Am I saying its a bad boat? Absolutely not but why are we even talking about an X2 compared to a G21 that isn't even released yet... JOKE

That's what I'm saying. I mean I love my X2 without a doubt, I'm just surprised it gets such high reviews for the very little stock ballast it comes with compared to other 20' boats...
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-02-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
The good news for CC is that even though they haven't sold any G-Series boats yet the Maine lobsterman they hired to design and test the G23 worked for free.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-02-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
I'm one of those guys that does not want a 25++ foot watersports boat. I would rather pilot the fighter jet than the heavy freighter. I also don't want the suburban, I'll take the Tahoe. In my opinion, when you get that big a towboat you need a second boat or less friends...
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
even though they haven't sold any G-Series boats yet..
Just went to my local dealer, they said they have sold 12 G23's with 3 already on our local lake and have 4 G25s build slots filled. Here is one of the G23's wrapped up next to a 2011 230. This was the first time I've seen them side by side. Pretty beefy, I can't imagine a G25.
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-02-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
That's funny I lake tested a G series before we delivered it to the very satisfied buyer................................... Troy I know your trying to be funny and stiring the pot but if your not, and these comments are serious, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS. If your just trying to stir the pot... continue on sir doesn't bother me
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-02-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Oh and a week later another one was delivered as well! G's are selling Troy! and so are your MC's! So guess what? I have a belly button
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       08-02-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
I lurk more than I post, but I will comment. TroyD says the same thing in every Nauti thread just to get a rise so I would not lose any sleep over it which I am sure you wont. I find some of his post amusing, however, the "No G's have sold" thing is getting a little tired. He knows they are selling, but chooses to make the statement I guess to bait Mhunter out to take a swipe. So on that note...play on playa.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-02-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickVR4 View Post
I lurk more than I post, but I will comment. TroyD says the same thing in every Nauti thread just to get a rise so I would not lose any sleep over it which I am sure you wont. I find some of his post amusing, however, the "No G's have sold" thing is getting a little tired. He knows they are selling, but chooses to make the statement I guess to bait Mhunter out to take a swipe. So on that note...play on playa.
I'm a very intelligent man, my curriculum vitae is a mile long, and I make enough money with patent and IP licensing that I don't have to work unless one of the biggest companies in the world comes knocking on my door with a suitcase of cash and asks me to solve a problem for them, at which time I MAY help out assuming I feel like it.

Not bragging, but a statement of fact, so if anyone here actually believes that I don't know G's are coming off the line then they are clearly muddied in the head! Further, anyone who takes my statements at face value by now is a fool. My statements are calculated solely to antagonize anyone who is so blind to think that their favorite brand is the best brand. My social commentary on Wakeworld brand bashing should be obvious to anyone now. Enjoy the posts, Google the words and references you don't understand, enjoy your own boat, and respect others who share the same love for the sport you do but may not have the same badging on their boat.

They are all good boats, except CC that is about 10 years behind all the rest.
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       08-02-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hence my "play on playa" comment.

Also, I work in the financial field and in all my years in banking....if you got to talk about it...9 out of 10 times you don't have it. If you are as wildly successful as you try to make it sound then kudos to you.

Aside from that, I agree with 90% of what you stated above.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-02-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickVR4 View Post
Hence my "play on playa" comment.

Also, I work in the financial field and in all my years in banking....if you got to talk about it...9 out of 10 times you don't have it. If you are as wildly successful as you try to make it sound then kudos to you.

Aside from that, I agree with 90% of what you stated above.
Old people don't talk about their cash, 28 y/o's do.

You just keep drinking the haterade.