Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-24-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
I'm getting ready 2 build a box for a wetsounds 10 fa. The box will be installed in the bow walkway, underneath my bow sac. My question is, should I have the sub firing back into the cockpit, or forward into the nose of the bow? I'll have a wetsounds 10b in the drivers footwell, firing back into the cockpit, if it matters.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-24-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
If your running free air subs, I'd suggest upgrading your sub under drivers helm to a higher performance sub (XXXv2, W7, L7 etc.) if you must run 2 subs, try to get them firing same direction and on the same plane. I had 2 13W7s in my old 21i and did similar to what your asking.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-24-2014, 7:43 AM Reply   
I'll have to dig and find the specs but I built a ported enclosure for a XS10FA and it absolutely hammered. The enclosure was big though.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-24-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks for helping my out. I really appreciate it. Bryce, you did exactly what I want to do. I'm gonna stick with the 10b under the driver's dash because I already built a small built-in sealed box there (about .75 cubic feet) and it'd be a massive pain to rip it out and try to fit something larger, plus I've already got the power for it. Houston, if you'd be kind enough to hunt down the specs of that box for me that would be awesome. I have plenty of room in the walkway so space shouldn't be an issue. Also, can u tell me how you powered it? I already have the sub but still need to buy the power.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-24-2014, 8:28 PM Reply   
Found it. Here are the outside dimensions of the enclosure: 15" x 17" x 20" (hwd)

I did a slot loaded port that was: 13.5" x 1.25" x 10.75" (hwd)

The wood was 3/4".

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-24-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
I've got a Polk 12 in a box I built to double as a bow filler. It fires to the rear. Sounds great. The box may be a little on the large side. The bass is very deep, but lacks just a little punch. 3/4 MDF waterproofed and carpeted. The cup holders are not a part of the sealed enclosure. I don't think it would sound as good if it fired any other direction.
Attached Images

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics guys, and Houston thanks for the specs! I finished the driver's side box for the 10b last night. It sounds good. I had to add some protection for the speaker, as my riding partners are 5 year old boys who destroy everything. Hopefully, I can get started on the bow box for the 10fa next week . . . .
Attached Images