Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (kryko)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
I'm gettin a new board for next season. I want a board that has good pop with a soft landing, and decent speed (can carve easily) i was thinkin either the liquid force jett or angel..any suggestions???
Old     (whocares)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-19-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
jett rides like the premier, angel rides like the shane. if youve ridden either of those boards it should give you an idea
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-19-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
The Jett is going to be a slower board then the angel. My wife rides the 130 angel and really likes it, I ride the team which is the male version of the angel. It edges well and has lots of speed and the continuous rocker makes for soft landings. The Jett is 3-stage so it will be more poppy and if I remember it has a center beam in the the board for soft landings. The Melissa I would say is a combination between the two.
Old     (kryko)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
what about the obrien skyla???
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
I have riden both the Team/Angel and Trip/Melissa and I like the landings and pop better on the Trip than the Team. My wife rides the Melissa 130 and it is her favorite board and just loves to ride it. What level of rider would you say you are and what is your current board?
Old     (kryko)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
i just started early this summer, but feel i got a good basic grip on it...i dont have a good boat to go out on so its hard to get air...i currently have a 137 obrien oasis (i got that one so my bf and uncle to ride it too) but im lookin to get one for me next summer...
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
I would suggest the Melissa, it had a more rounded edge, not as easy to face plant as the Angel and the performance will allow you to ride at any level. I also started my wife riding finless so she is having fun with surface spins and learning good edging technique.