Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (de2ca)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
I wanted to let everyone know how to save some cash!!

I just bought a 2006 Murray L7 142 for $400 and the new 2006 Torq Hinge Boot for $200 from one of the sponsors here (www.boardersparadise.com). When I got the box yesterday I got a certificate for $500 CASH!!

So the Board and Boot only cost me $200!!!! I haven’t seen anyone who can beat that!!

Hope this helps others get a great deal!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
$400+$200=$600
$600-$500=$100

Maybe you were a lucky winner or something?
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
shadester
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
I was wondering about the math myself Leo....

If BP will get me into a $670 worth of CWB Deuce boots and a Marius board...then knocks off $500, I'll buy 2.....

Any BP reps reading this, feel free to contact me over the e-mail....
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
My question is how do you redeem that cert. for cash? I dont think that they are going to mail you cash dude......? And what good is it to you if you have already purchased the goods? If it is a $500 cert. for future use, that aint bad but not as inviting as the way you worded it.

I will take 4 please....
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
could it be this??

http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BP&Screen=CASHREWARDS
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Yep, that's what it is. I actually called them cuz it seems to good to be true. The catch is that you will not get reimbursed until after 3 YEARS!!!

Mr. Kackle did not actually get the cash yet, but the paperwork to fill out to eventually get the cash. Sounds like a paperwork trail that you'd be responsible for keeping for 3 years, which may cause problems for most people.

Good thought by BoardersParadise, but bad implementation imo.

Old     (de2ca)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
I sent in all my paperwork which wasn't that hard so I will have my cash soon!

At least BP is giving me a chance to cash back!! No one else is even offering me anything close to that!

I am looking at getting a tower and it looks like you can get a $1000 bucks back!! Even if I have to wait a little bit I don't care! BP.com has my business!!
Old     (de2ca)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
Sorry my math was off on the first post!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
ok im skeptical. there is no way they are just giving you $500 cash for spending $600? they would go out of business!

if they gave away $500 on a $600 board package that they payed lets say $300 for, they are loosing about $200

there is no way any company would cut back on advertising money so they can just give it away
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-08-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
No, I don't think you have your timing right. I spoke to Boarders Paradise and they said you will not see any money for 3 YEARS. To me, that is too long to wait.

A couple months OK, but 3 years?????? That just doesn't make sense to me.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
Mastercraft is doing the same thing through an external company. You can purchase the plan for 2K up front, then you have to fill out a survey every month and send it in. If you have done this for 36 months without ever missing, then they will send you a check for 10K. It's legit, however they factor that something like 90 percent of the customers are not going to end up redeeming the 10K due to either forgetting or maybe selling the boat etc. But for those of you who have spouses like my wife, this would be a very good deal. My wife is a banker and she doesn't miss a thing, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

By the way if anyone is interested in the 05 X star in my profile pic. This option can be added to it since it is a promo boat. it would end up being $59,900 with the 2k plan included in the price.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-08-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
I just bought an '04 LF Substance 142 from them and Mike got it to me for $120 shipped. Talk about a close-out.
Old     (de2ca)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Okay, so in 3 years I will get my $500 and I will get a new board for FREE then. So I spent the cash once and I will get 2 boards out of it! What's wrong with that deal!?!

Looking at the paperwork, if you not a meathead it's not that hard to get the cash!

Also, I got reward points too and those are instant and I get the cash later sounds like a GREAT offer!

I have already gotten Bantam ltd. Edition Carbon Handle with my reward points (pink for the g friend)!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
I think it would work provided you have a steady job and a program such as microsoft outlook (that will get carried forward to future operating systems when you upgrade). Personally I would just setup my outlook to remind me every month to take the survey or whatever, print it and put it in a file. Then again... time is money... What if BP plans on filing bankruptcy within 3 yrs? Heck in 3 yrs boards will probably be twice as much!
Old     (de2ca)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
From what I can tell BP buys this from a company, Cash Rewards Inc, that is on the Certificate. So I think BP doen't even pay you Cash Rewards Inc does. Check it out for your self @ http://cashrewardsinc.com/overview.html