Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       04-06-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
What up Evan? Yeah man, havent been to the delta in a long time. Hopefully this summer will be different. Somewhat of a monster truck I guess? 10.5" on 38's.
Carrillo killed his battery? Thats all bad! haha! Good thing he had you there so he had some help. Thanks for helping a brotha out!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-06-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Post some pics. 10.5 and 38's sounds pretty respectable. Nice.

Take care.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       04-06-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
hmmm. I dont have any pics. I had to think about that one! haha! I should get some soon tho.
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
G ~ I'm crushed you didn't ask me.

Just kidding. What you really need is cat6a shielded. the real deal.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=715&sku=29660

Upload
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-11-2007, 6:08 AM Reply   
G,

Where did you get the remote and how much does it run? What Head unit is it compatible with?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-11-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
do you guys believe that these cat 6 will replace rca's? i mean in the years to come? will the amp man start putting these on amps?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Definitely a nice clean alternative.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Jared: The remote is by http://www.h2owaves.com/technical.php
They make it and Aline puts it in a Alpine box.
you can log on and see if the make a remote that workes with your Headunit. I know they make one for the Clarion. They also make a round remote that attaches or inserts into your horn button or the stearing wheel insert. I think I payed like $75 for the remote.

Jerry: I think if enought people start asking for the or buying amps or Eq's with RJ-45 and Balanced outputs then yes Cat5 might be the next RCA. I doubt that they would take over for RCA's. It would be nice to have a alternative to RCA's with the added bennifits of a Balanced noise rejecting cable's. Do you need them? NO. Can they work better than RCA's Yes. When installing its seems that you allways end up with a situation wher you have to cross a power line. Or you have a location where you dont have a choice but for your signal line to cross or come close to a noise genration peice. I.E. a line Alternator, Depth finder ect, you name it it can generate noise. Some systems have it some dont. Depending on what and where its comming from it can be a nightmare to chase down. It would be NICE for a product sutch as "Cat5 and a RJ-45 and a Balanced line" to take that nightmare out of the instalation shakedown process. Is Cat 5 comming? Good question. If it works better than RCA's then I hope so.
Aqua: Yes hook me up with some of thoes lines
I made the Cat5 to RCA conversion last weekend wher ethe Bass signal comes out of my EQ and I found that my Cat 5 is stranded solid core. Does that make sence? Each line has like 9-10 solid wires that make one wire. Making the converison was pretty easy. Arc has a diagram of what Cat5 colors power each speaker. All line +'s go inside the Rca and all line -'s go to the outside of the line pretty easy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
What would be very nice is to take home theatre technology and have an optical option sending a digital signal from the deck and having the amp programble to do the signal processing - selecting the right channel and frequency hi/low levels. Imagine one thin wire from the deck then daisy chain the signal from amp to amp and select what signal info you want the amp to produce. Sexy time, I like.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Alpine already has what your talking about. Most Alpine Headunits have a Optical. Some Alpine amps have it as well. To bad the Alpine amps dont have the nuts to drive big subs like W7s
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Any updates?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-27-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
I heard someones sh** BOOMS!!!!

Need a new clock?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Grant - With all the bass what do you do to combat rattling?
With just a 10 in my boat (granted it is much older) I begin to notice it with the right songs/beats that hit.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
Luke: LOL thats funny where did you hear that?

Yes its true, I fired up the system and holy crap S#it started falling off the walls the clock fell off and broke. My brother came over and said a few pictures fell off his walls. LOL. I was pretty supprised. I have had a few systems in my garage and I thought it was pretty Bass proof . I guess the extra sub's and the New amp's and new boxes helped out. I know it will not be that wild when I take it outside in open air bummer but it is Bassin pretty hard. Clay was over tuning it in and we were both cracking up at how hard it was bumpin. Wanna see some pic's
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
You know we do, Post um up
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-27-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
why you holding out G-money??

give us the goods.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-27-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
"Wanna see some pics"

Thats like asking a crack head if they want crack!

I was talkin to Clay and he was telling me how it made his brain hurt.

(Message edited by lukeduke95 on April 27, 2007)
Old    Ben Kerran            04-28-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
G-Do ducks quack? Lets see em. I can't wait a whole week
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
how much longer before we get more pics?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Does a bear sh** in the woods?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-28-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Post pix or I will bring the racoons back over to torment your lawn!
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-28-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
Looks really good. I like the long amplifier line and I really like the way the front speakers look factory.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-28-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Grant, nice work there again!!

but please tell me, how many times so far have you pulled the Bling Bling apart ???