Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    mikep            01-26-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
I'm curious about the new 2.5" Tige' tower. Does anyone know if it's a very strong tower? I'm looking for something that is super solid with no wobble, even when I load it with speakers, lights and board racks. I like the look of the '05 tower. Thank you.
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-26-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
Porter, There is a couple of boats at Skidoggs with those towers on them. They were sent to Dave after the Tige U.S. Open in Hawaii.
Chris
Old    zboomer            01-26-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
I hate to be negative, but I saw these new towers at the Austin boat show last week. When painted gray at least, they were easily the ugliest towers in the show, horrible.

I like to think they'd look better some other finish, but dang. You LIKE this tower? I guess that's why they say different strokes, heh.
Old    mikep            01-26-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Chris, are you talking about the Samson tower at Skidog, or the '05 Tige' tower. I thought Skidog carried the Samson instead. I've shown both below here...

Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-26-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have to agree w/ Micah, Tige towers are bad looking. Just my .02$

That 2nd tower looks a little flimsy. Are those hinges in the main support?
Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
The new Samson tower designed for Tige looks sweet. Saw it at the Seattle Boat Show and it looked and felt like it was very solid. I noticed that Samson does not show this tower on their website - needs an update. But I guess you are less interested in opinions on the looks of the tower and are more interested in any actual experience with it?
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-26-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
Porter, The 05 Tige tower and the Samson. Your right, thet normaly wouldn't have these. However when the Tige Open was finished, they shipped the 2 20v's they were using to Skidog. I'd call first to make sure they are still there. I think both towers look great. I was going to order our boat with the 05 Tige tower(exactly like you have pictured above) Until I saw the razor.
Chris
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Porter,

Jeff and I reefed on the tower in the second pic while we were at the boat show. It's much more sturdy side to side than the one you currently have. I torqued on the tower so hard that the rep came over and asked me what I was doing.

I was really suprised by the knowledgeable sales people for Tige this year. That 24v is a huge "Mutha" of a boat and very plush.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-26-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Phat Budde has a new tower for the Tige's that looks better than both of those IMO. I am not a huge fan of their older extreme towers, but the new tower is very good looking. It isn't on their website yet, but you can call for pricing.
Phat Budde tower on Tige' 22i R

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-26-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
It looks like it'll be a little bit of a battle, however to find stuff to attach to Flackpack's tower because most tower equipment is made to attach to a straight bar. It looks like it is curved throughout.

My 05 tower is the older Metcraft. It seems to be very solid. I can't speak to either of the new ones.
Old    mikep            01-27-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
The Samson tower is the polished look here. The Tige' tower is the black one above.

The Samson tower is actually super sturdy and beefy and has swing in board racks. It has 2.5" tubing as well. Here are some more picutres. I would go with black and leave the vertical hinge part (where the board rack is) polished.

(Message edited by mikep on January 27, 2005)
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-27-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
It looks better than the other Tige tower. Also, haveing the swivel rack is a bonus.

What is the black handle for? It looks like it folds down at the hinge (under the rack).
Old    mikep            01-27-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
There is a black handle to lossen the rack to swivel and a second one to allow the hinges to fold in so the tower can fold down. It's really easy to fold down.
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-27-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Porter,
Are you going to get a bimini?
Old    mikep            01-27-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
Probably. You?
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-27-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
Yep. The reason I asked is, I've only seen them folded up infront of the tower. Thought it looked bad. I'll se if I can find the pic.