Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-08-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
OK....why do I have to set my perfect pass (stargazer) at 36 for it to go 34 MPH? When I set it at 34, it goes 32. Then I just change it to 36 and it goes 34. It know's it is only going 32MPH based on the speedo. It knows I want to go 34 based on what I set. Why won't it go what I ask it? It seems to be pretty precise up to about 25MPH, then anything over that I have to add in a little fudge factor to get the speed I want.

Any ideas?

Bakes
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-08-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
Get out your manual and see if there are some parameters you need to switch. On my older PerfectPass they have you switch to RPM mode if you want to go that fast and I think you need to configure the RPM's manually.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
If you want to go faster than 25MPH with perfectpass you have to do it in RPM mode.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-09-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
Are you sure your speedo is correct? I don't have the StarGazer, but my PP's have always
been accurate -- depending on how they are calibrated. What I mean is that if I have
spent the time to calibrate for 23MPH, it's very accurate there, but might not be at 34MPH,
or 16, but I imagine if I calibrated for 34, it would be very accurate there, but probably not
at 23, if you see what I mean.

The owners manual should have instructions on how to calibrate it - I use a handheld GPS
to do it. I have not ever had any luck having it calibrated across all speeds, so pick where
you ride the most often and do so for that speed. (it's usually very accurate +-4 MPH from
where mine is calibrated).

I always keep the handheld GPS in the boat just as a monitor, it's mounted with a RAM-Mount.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-09-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
Are you on a lake or a river? It makes a big difference. GPS is land speed, not the speed you are moving on top of a body of water. I hope that makes sense. so if the river is moving at 2 mph, that would be your difference.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
PPSG assumes you are in a slalom course at that speed. If you are, follow the setup instructions for the course and you will be dead-on for speed. The reason for the setup is differences in hull and prop and how the motor reacts with a load. It is tedious, but worth the time.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
It is a lake and I know it is accurate. The speedo says 34 and it is set at 36MPH. Confirmed with a handheld GPS as well. Anyways, seems like I need to read the manual a little closer. I don't know why they make it so complicated to do a little free skiiing out on the lake

Thanks

Bakes