Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-14-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
Houseboating next week out of Holiday Harbor and trying to figure out the best place to go with the water down so far. Any locals up there or anyone just been up there that can tell me the best place to go? We usually do Little Backbone but I heard that's all 5 mph now. Any help/information would be great and much appreciated. Thx!
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
we just got back on sunday night
we went a little ways up squaw river, just past the 5 mph buoy
the water was great spot was great, silverthorn is pretty close for gas
it was a great trip, you guys will have loads of fun
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-15-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Yeah Little Backbone is 5 mph. Squaw would be best or even all the way up the McCloud you could find good water. Its way down and everywere is pretty narrow but you shouldnt have a problem finding a good spot.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
Just got back from a week long trip to Shasta.

McLeod and Squaw arms had a lot of boats to compete with. Some friends recommended Big Backbone; said they had good water all week. You might want to try that. There were a lot of people on the lake. Towards the end of the trip, we started getting up at 6:30-7Am to get ours.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-15-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Yeah you will definatley be competing for good water. Big Backbone is worth a try but with the lake getting lower alot more people are starting to use the ramp(s) on that side of the lake so it will be iffy. You might head up the Pit and see if theres some place big enough to ride still but not sure???
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-15-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
I wouldn't try the Pit, it's narrow and 3 years ago had trees sticking up all along the sides. I can't imagine how bad it is now. Definitely a prop killer arm of the lake.

Pray for a WET winter people.

(Message edited by litlone873 on August 15, 2008)
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-15-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm thinking Big Backbone is the ticket...midweek and lots of schools back in session so I'm hoping (praying) for good water. Either way, it's Shasta, so it'll be fun no matter what.