Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-22-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have a 96 Malibu Sunsetter with the wedge. I bought the launch pad twins (440lbs a piece) I've been trying different positions, just curious if anyone has found the best set up for theirs.

I usually just put the wedge down and put them on each side of the engine, but it take a good couple seconds for the boat to plane. I'm thinking of throwing one in the locker and the other behind the engine. Any suggestions?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-22-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Get the locker sack for the locker. Take the two you have now, and put one in the front walkway, as far forward as possible. The other, lay in front of the back seat, between the seat and the motor box.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-22-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Thanks! Thats what I was thinking... For wakesurfing would it be better to try to fit both on one side or one in back one on the wakesurfers side? Right now I put one on the side the other in the back with the wedge down.

Thanks again!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-22-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
I can't help you there. We had one in the back locker, one over the side, and the wedge down. ... Wasn't big enough to throw the rope back, but it was fun.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-22-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
I have a Sunsetter LXi (different hull) but size wise is only a little longer. We have found that have a 500lb sack in the ski locker, the wedge down, and a 500lbs sack on each side of the engine (as far forward as possible) throws a great wake. For surfing we load both 500lbs sacks on the port side along with the wedge and its nice!
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-22-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
If you are having trouble planing with only the weight that you described you should reprop the boat. We have the 325 monsoon and have no problem with that weight and the stock 13x13 SS prop...however I would kill to have a new acme 525 3 blade!!!
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-22-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
I don't have a "big" problem getting out of the hole, but I am guessing I have my bags to far back (almost all the way back) with the wedge and usually two people on the back seat, one in the observer spot and another on the bow (usually the lightest person). So moving the bags forward would probably help a lot!

Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
The wedge works best when the boat is evenly sacked out. If you have all the weight in the back the wedge won't be as effective so when running the wedge and no other ballast you should have at least 500 infront of the engine (ski locker) or in the bow to compensate.

Before we got our third sack we put one behind the engine and the other in the ski locker when the wedge was down. If there was just a few people in the boat I liked them to sit upfront or in the observers seat to give the best wake. If you would like I can post some pics tonight when I get back from class.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Pat, that would be cool, post some pics! I'm going to try that this weekend, one sack all the way to the front (440lbs) and the other I either won't fill or throw it in the back. I just have some playing around to do I guess.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
wedge, 500lbs. in ski locker, 70', and 3 peopleUpload
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
My bro...6 people, wedge, 500lb. sack behind the engine Upload
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
me with the same set upUpload
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
wedge, 3 people, 70', 500 behind engine, 500 in ski locker...the picture doesn't really give a great view of the wake unfortunetly and the water is pretty rough.Upload

(Message edited by jetskiprosx on May 23, 2006)