Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-23-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
I have some tower speakers that are roughly based off of the nvs addictions, so they can take alot of power (400W+ apiece). We I turn the volume all the way up, they cut in and out.

Normally I would think that the amp is clipping at the top of it's output range. However, I originally had my RF Power series amp 350Wx2 and it was doing the same thing. I then hooked up a smaller RF amp 150X2 and it still does it just not as bad.

I then decided to run another large gauge power cable from the second battery in the bow directly to the amp but the problem still continued.

So I am still thinking that it is a power problem not an amp or speaker issue. When I first built the speakers I powered them off of my denon home receiver 150W per channel and had no cutting out. My big RF amp is of the old school variety and is built like a tank.

The boat is a '03 SANTE with the stock alternator and dual batteries. Do you guys think that I need a cap or something else? What about the ground? The original ground wire was run between battery to the ground distribution block. In my old days of car audio I would use the shortest possible ground..usually less than a foot.

Thanks in advance.