Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Does anyone near Sacramento or the SF Bay Area have a Tige 22i? If so, I'd like to hear what your thoughts are and have some specific questions ... thanks ...

email danclarkelftseat@yahoo.com
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-23-2009, 10:52 PM Reply   
try TigeOwners.com
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
I have one but i live in MN
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
The hull is similar to a 22Ve and an RZ2. However, not identical but similar.

What would you like to know? The dealer in the Sacramento area is going out of business and they have an inventory of boats going for cheap. Not entirely sure what Tige is planning on doing with warranty work that would need to be done if the boat has something wrong with it. But for now, CWS is open.
Old     (mach90)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-24-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info and suggestions ...

I like the concept of this boat and am considering the possibility of a purchase from CWS however really don't know much about Tige other than what the website, printed material, and DVD advertises. BTW, the boat is an '07 22i.

In an attempt to avoid starting another "BRAND X vs. BRAND Y" thread, I wanted to try and get any specific stuff sent via email, however perhaps it will be more productive and useful to others to get some info here and/or TigeOwners.com

For those that actually have the 22i here are a few of my questions ...

Would you buy the boat again?

Is the ski wake flat enough to get a good run through a course?

Does it truly perform well as far as a fun family & friends boat (4-5 adults and 3-4 kids), or is it really cramped?

How has Tige been to deal with, specifically with warranty issues etc?

Favorite things and least favorite things about the 22i?

Lastly, what concerns and issues should I be thinking about since this boat is an '07 and most likely hasn't been run for long periods of time (i.e. dried seals, etc)?

Thanks again
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I can answer some of those questions. As with a Tige, I have owned two. I would definitely would purchase another Tige if I were in the market for a boat.

Tige over the years has been getting harder with their warranty stuff but rightfully so. There were some times that people would warranty an item that wasn't a defect so Tige just started to crackdown on what is warranty-able per the documentation that they provide. Not a huge problem and not a concern IMO.

CWS, Pat and Thomas (Service Department) will definitely make sure that there isn't a problem with the engine or anything else before it leaves their lot. Very good guys and I trust them entirely. I have heard that there is another service department that will be taking over once CWS closes their doors but I am still waiting on who that company will be.

As for the other questions, you will get better results at www.tigeowners.com/forum because there are others that don't post on this forum. That is an entirely whole other story but you fill find a lot of helpful people and information over on that site.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
The 22I is actually a pretty nice boat. I like the boat overall, I just like the seating of a V-drive better. My dealer had one for a while and I drove it a few times. Good riding boat, I must say. Puts out a decent wakeboard wake with no ballast. I demo'd it for a local college that has a board school, the AD and a couple of his students/instructors came out for the ride. The one that rode pulled off his usual bag of tricks behind it.