Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ibewebbman)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-08-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
Can anyone offer their advice on how far below waterline aerators need to be to minimize prime issues? I am putting a new system in my v210 and can mount them very clean vertically with the top at floor height which is about water line, the alternative is lay them down. I can get them lower this way but they will be on their side and not as accessible with the seat in. What do all think? I want this to work well first and look good second.

Last edited by Ibewebbman; 06-08-2011 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-09-2011, 5:02 AM Reply   
When I installed my new Tsunamis to replace the factory pumps in my 01 x30 I just bored out the holes that were existing because i knew that the factory system worked well. With that being said, the holes are about 6+ inches below water level. Also, I would be sure to install the pumps as close to the water as you can. If you put them too far away they seem to not want to stay primed.

I just looked at a pic of a boat similar to mine which I know has aerator style pumps......the pump intakes are down near the exhaust flaps.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Mine on my V210 are just below the water line under the swim platform. Can post some pics later when I am home.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2011, 8:53 AM Reply   
If they are mounted on the transom you can't fill while underway but if they do need prime, just put the boat in reverse while they are on. Works every time and this is why I normally install them there!
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
I've got two aerator pumps mounted to separate through-hulls in about the same location as the intake for the raw water pump (opposite side). Works great when stopped and even better when moving. Its about as low as you can get, never had priming problems in 10 years.

They are mounted vertically on top of the brass through hull with a shutoff valve between just in case. Chopped a bit of the threads off the brass through-hulls to get it lower.

Last edited by big_poppa_pump; 06-09-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old     (Ibewebbman)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-09-2011, 9:50 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! That helps a lot.

I am in the raw water area as well a little behind on each side. I am using a 90 off on both thru hulls to stay as low as possible but using a T on one side for the bow area sack - any issues vertical vs on side for priming?

@Chuan - are you in a v210 also? If so would you say the top of your pump is at roughly floor height?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
I have T800s vertical with individual thru hulls on top of 3/4" ball valves and have had no priming issues at all.