Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                03-26-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
sorry for another backroll thread, but I'm having trouble keeping myself going end to end. On video, my takeoff looks good, but then I curl my upper body into a little ball and it takes me off axis. It's impossible to hold onto the handle because it's no longer in front of my, it's more like above my head. Any suggestions?
Old                03-26-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
If you keep the rope in the same spot during the entire rotation it will help. When you start moving the rope around in the air, that is when your rotation changes. The rope control is extremely important in this sport, so you have to be precise. Think about this: if you move the handle from one hip to the other, you are doing two different tricks....Precision.

I should finish by saying where you want to tryand have the rope is at waist level.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
I'll tell you what has been told to me a thousand times.

Keep your hips up.

When you pop off the wake, don't break at the waist - just place your trailing ear on your trailing shoulder - think "cartwheel" instead of "huck a flip" and you should get it no problem. Good luck!