Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (doorman_sd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-04-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
Anybody go out today and know if all the ramps at the lake are still open?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-04-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
I was there yesterday and they had two lanes on the main ramp and two on the alternate ramp.
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-05-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
If anyone is taking out an I/O and using the main ramp use caution in the area where the ramp sections are suppose to meet under water. A sizable gap is present and it damaged our skeg and made scrap metal out of our prop. Not only is it a possible tire swallowing gap but the ramp piece that is deeper is at a different angle. Early morning sun reflection kept us from spotting this until it was too late. Bill J has a pic of the damage. We've launched at San V dozens of times without incident so this definitely caught us by surprise.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-05-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Smart move there Mike, hahaha. But he did come prepared with a spare prop. That thing did have some nice dents in it. (I bet you're happy now you didn't go with steel)
Old     (doorman_sd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-05-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Thanks I was thinking of taking some friends out today with a larger boat that could go off the end of the main ramp if the water was low.24ft trailer we ended up going to the bay . Got to San V. late and the line was too long.

(Message edited by doorman sd on July 05, 2003)

(Message edited by doorman sd on July 05, 2003)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-05-2003, 10:30 PM Reply   
By the way, it looks like they are finally importing water so maybe the lake level will come back up. Otherwise it's going to be a real mess soon when the new ramp closes and everyone has to use the old one.