Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-02-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
I’ve been trying a couple Tantrums lately. I’ve got the pop and I can see the landing but I keep turning 90 and slide out. Where am I going wrong and how do I correct it? Thanks!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-02-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Where is your handle when you land? Your elbow should be close to your lead hip and your arm should be at a right angle with you and the boat, (you facing the direction you came from). Sounds like if you are turning 90 degree (assuming towards the boat) then you might be pulling the handle in front of you on the landing and not keeping it at your side.
Old                05-02-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
You're right it is out in front kind of like a butter slide. (I ride regular) Would it help to look up and a little over my right sholder instead of straight back? Thanks.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-05-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
You should look straigth up not back over your shoulder. The problem is not where you are looking it's where your arm is at. I would concintrate on keeping your left elbow on your left hip. That will correct handle position, not where you turn your head.
Old                05-10-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
phill your right but it really does help to look lill over your back shoulder... this help me start my rotation easier and land in the direction i want... bothe handel position and balance are key... just try out different things and do whats most comfortable
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-10-2003, 10:35 PM Reply   
I Find that sometimes i have slack in the rope, it is important to keep it tought, then it will help you rotate straight.