Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-09-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/project...ent-boat-lift/

Found this while looking for a boat lift that will fit in my boat slip. Pretty cool concept and it looks pretty easy to assemble. Solar power or Shore Power system and key remote controller. I put in an email for a price request.

Does anyone have one? How much was it? How do you like it?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-09-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
looks like a pretty cool idea. how much do they cost?
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-09-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
I have a buddy who was looking into those.. seem really simple and stout.. think they were around $7-8K
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-13-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Well I email the company and I still haven't gotten a price. They gave me a local contact number, but it is this old guy on our lake name Merle and I really dont' want to talk with him on a price since it takes him for ever to give you an answer. I heard they start out at 7K.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-13-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
My only concern would be catching the tank with a tracking fin or the prop. It looks like it'll giude the boat on pretty safely, but if you overshoot or come on skewed due to wind or whatever, do you think you could punch through the tank?
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-13-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
I was looking to get one of those about a month ago, but went with the 6600 UL2 hydrohoist instead. My main concern with the vlift was that it doesn't look like you can ever wipe down the side of your boat that easily due to the positioning of the air tanks when in the up position. Ive never seen one of those in person, but I'm sure they are a great option if you don't have a permanent slip at a dock or need to move the lift around for any reason.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-13-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
I was hoping to find more videos on Youtube, but there really isn't any detailed ones with one sitting in a boat slip. At least I didn't see one.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
My only concern would be catching the tank with a tracking fin or the prop. It looks like it'll giude the boat on pretty safely, but if you overshoot or come on skewed due to wind or whatever, do you think you could punch through the tank?
I would imagine it would depend on how tightly you had it secured...

I doubt you'd get through the plastic. Probably dent it before anything else, but a valid concern. Now the prop on the other hand...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick View Post
I was looking to get one of those about a month ago, but went with the 6600 UL2 hydrohoist instead. My main concern with the vlift was that it doesn't look like you can ever wipe down the side of your boat that easily due to the positioning of the air tanks when in the up position. Ive never seen one of those in person, but I'm sure they are a great option if you don't have a permanent slip at a dock or need to move the lift around for any reason.
Good point about the wipe down. I've never had a lift. Do most people lean over the side of their boat and wipe the sides? Makes sense, but I'd get a little light headed...