Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cuttingedge)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-06-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
Just trying to figure this boat out for wakesurfing. Any suggestions? Trim tab level, ballast, and speed. New to wakesurfing and want to dial this thing in. I have been filling the ft about 1/2 and the side tank full at about 11mph.
Thanks
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-07-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
You are going to have to fill the rear surf side locker to the max with a fat sac and fill your auto ballast on the side as well. Trim tab all the way up and somewhere between 10.5 and 11.5 mph is a good place to start.
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       06-07-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
what JS said is a great start for sure. maybe add another bag under the seats on the surf side.
Remember If you get a really tall and short wake you can either bring the bow down to lengthen it or increase speed depending on what you like.
Old     (cuttingedge)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-08-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Cool ill try it out this weekend!
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       06-08-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
A friend of mine had one for awhile... absolutely slam the back and side with weight, 3/4 wakeplate and drive in a circle. The wake was super tall and clean but the pocket was pretty short. Tough to recover from a slight mistake while surfing.
Old     (Soulcraft)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-08-2011, 4:17 PM Reply   
Chad, pm my friend ICE-a, he's got a 09 23V and has the wave dailed..... I'm sure he'll help you out
Old    ScottRobinson            06-16-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
Had a 2011 and now have a 2012.

Wave is somewhat tall and short unless you have a bit more weight. Run Full Side and 3/4 front with people weight you can put them where you need them to get the wave you want. Not the longest wave in the world but very tall indeed. We also play with the wakeplate depending on the person.