Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-20-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
So I have a friend looking at some boats. We have come across 2 possibilities and wanted to see what you guys thought on price? I would like to figure out what each one is worth approximately or if one is worth more then the other.

First
2009 Ride 23
350 monsoon
triple ballast
manual wedge
heater
swivel racks
2 pairs tower speakers
no sub I think
cover
Tower lights
pop up cleats
tandem trailer
Has Cruise of some sort. I think it comes standard.
34 hours, yes 34.
Apparently a repo boat but the boat is at the original dealer that sold the boat now and has been checked out. They said only one small scratch so the boat must of actually been taken care of.

Second
2008 23LSV
Indmar 340 Monsoon engine w/266 hours
Precision Pro Cruise
4 Tank Ballast 1,250 lbs.
Power Wedge
Titan Tower
Tower speakers
Subwoofer
Swivel Board Racks
Bimini Top
Heater
Shower
Carpet protector insert
Table
Wind Screen shield
Depthfinder
Cover
Tandem axle trailer
This one sounds like it is in good shape and been well maintained. It has a little staining in between cushions a little from little bits of dirt between the cushions but can't tell you how bad it is. My guess is not bad at all from the pictures I have seen. Only other thing is that it had a blowout at some point and the fender is a little scarred up. Maybe $500 to fix. This one is back at the dealer that originally sold it I believe.

So what are your thoughts on what they are worth? Take Wake completely out of the picture as I don't think it is important at all and I know both have great wake hulls. I know the Ride may need some extra ballast up front if using the wedge.

Anybody have any idea what a brand new Ride 23 would cost in 2009 similarly equipped? How about a ride 23 similarly equipped for 2012?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-20-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
The 08LSV has the current gen hull (the ride is the 04-07 LSV hull) and bow ballast, which makes it the better choice. Titan tower is also preferred (from a 'core perspective, though probably not to the tube pulling public). The 08 LSV dash is probably the ugliest Malibu ever made, and it's the only year for that dash on that boat.

I'd guess the 08 would be a good deal if it could be had for under $50k. On the Ride, it's really about how you value the hours. There are certainly 07 LSVs (same as 09 Ride 23) out there with power wedge, quad ballast, etc., for mid 40s with reasonable hours. An LSV will have much nicer vinyl, dash, and assorted bling/intangibles than the ride too.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-20-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Here is a quick list of what I was seeing for LSV's a month or so ago...
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-20-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Anybody know the head room on a ride 23 or earlier LSV with the regular Illusion tower? How about the height to the top of the tower when the boat is on an extreme tandem trailer?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-20-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Anybody know the head room on a ride 23 or earlier LSV with the regular Illusion tower? How about the height to the top of the tower when the boat is on an extreme tandem trailer?
on my 06 vride with illusion the floor to tower height was about 5'10". Might be a touch higher on the lsv hulls... but not much. The Illusion X is a low tower (another reason that LSV with the titan sounds good).
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-20-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Tower height on the 2007 with Illusion tower (boat I was looking at, do not own) was 86 inches folded on an extreme trailer (23 LSV). Only info I have.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-20-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Looks like my buddy is getting the Ride 23 if everything works out right. Greg from Active is is taking care of him.

The low hours pushed him to the Vride. Honestly, I might have gone with the Ride is well. I like that it is more simple. Less crap to go wrong and cost a lot to fix. The boat has pretty much everything he will ever want except I might have to talk him into a couple fat sacs so we can load it up for surfing when I head out with him. Should be a great boat for him and his family. I guess I should wait till the deal actually goes through but looks like it will.