Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
My rope got ran over this weekend by another boat and was wondering which rope would be better. I had the staightline viper rope and liked it but the masterline ropes are on sale for a good price. Has anyone used masterline ropes?
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Accurate A line. Best rope ever. Never gets tangled or figure 8's. No stretch and does not get all stiff like Straight Line's.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
i was told that any wakeboard speciffic rope you buy, your not going to be able to feel a difference in stretch,

but we just got a coated ronix line for free ( i won it in a trivia thing at my local pro shop) and i unwound it so i could wind it in big loops, and i looped one end on the trucks hitch, and then walked it all the way out, and i pulled as hard as i could, and got about 3 inches of stretch out of it, so my point, dont by a ronix line.

o yea, and the coating was bunched up in a few spots to
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
"i looped one end on the trucks hitch, and then walked it all the way out, and i pulled as hard as i could, and got about 3 inches of stretch out of it"

that's the funniest thing I've read all day
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Thats funny. I had the Ronix R line or whatever it is called. It started to stretch and figure 8 a ton the second year using it. The coating cracked and it got all water logged. I tried to wrap electrical tape around the small spots where the coating cracked but it did not help. It was a great line until that happened.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 11:56 AM Reply   
it comes wrapped really small, and i didnt have anyone to hold the other end, so i looped it on the hitch, it worked right? haha
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
new prolines, super good ropes alow a bit of room for stretch, the stretch will go away with a few HARD cuts hen you first get out there, and they dont tangle easy. havnt had ANY problems with them. plus they've got some dope colors
http://ridecwb.com/lgpackagelimitededition.php
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
I have had an accurate yellow jacket for a long time and its never had any issues at all. Doesnt stretch or tangle. I love it
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Go with a coated rope. I have a accurate jacket and a Proline SK-whatever mainline and the coated Proline never gets tangled whereas my jacket line always seemed to end up a tangled mess. And I am pretty particular about winding my rope properly as well...