Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Epic!

I present to you- The problem.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._reloaded.html
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-03-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
LOL. Probably a result of CO legalizing pot.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
I'm no hard core gun advocate, although I own and use several, but this is exactly why current discussions of more gun "control" is a waste of time. GC advocates want to ban "assault" rifles simply because of the way they look with virtually no understanding of how they work, what exactly they are trying to ban or what they really should be focusing on. You cannot pass meaningful gun regulation without the input and buy-in of the millions of gun owners in USA. The vast majority of gun owners (like me) are not NRA members and do not align lock-step with NRA's stance (less than 10% of gun owners are NRA members). However, we also don't want idiots that have no idea what they are talking about other than an emotional reaction to pass more stupid laws & regulations about the guns in our closets or gun safes. GC advocates ought to start by just enforcing the existing gun laws rather than putting their names on additional legislation for the purpose of their voting base.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
I doubt you'll find a stronger firearm advocate than me, Andy.... I can't stand the NRA,
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-03-2013, 3:20 PM Reply   
I'm still astounded that most gun-control advocates even after months cannot differentiate the difference between a magazine and a clip.

I am a member of the NRA and Firearms Policy Coalition. The NRA is not necessarily my favorite but in order to be a member of my gun club and access to their ranges, I have to be an active member. The FPC is a cool group that helps fund these groups:

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA)
Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)
CA – California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (Cal-FFL)
CA – The Calguns Foundation (CGF)
FL – Florida Carry, Inc. (FC)
HI – Hawaii Defense Foundation (HDF)
IL – Illinois Carry (IC)
MA - Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A)
NJ – New Jersey Second Amendment Society (NJ2AS)
TX – Lone Star Shooting Association (LSSA)
WV – West Virginia Citizens Defense League (WVCDL)
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-03-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
Live in CO and have for all the 44yrs I have been alive. I am also an avid shooter and firearm collector/owner. Let me tell you, our state has turned into a pile of turds with the "leaders" in office right now.. Dagette is just one of them. Our own Governor who just signed off on the new gun bills has no clue what he signed. Our state has become a liberal joke. 1st it was the marijiana law that they have NO idea what to do with, and now the gun bills presented and passed by completely firearm ignorant fools. There are all kinds of petetions going right now to recall these elected officials. One of these officials who introduced one of the gun bills (which passed) is actually a convicted criminal. The political environment in CO has been on edge for the past few months.
The local sheriff departments are protesting the new gun bills/laws. They protested today against Obama visiting here today. He was here to swing off the nuts of our gov who just signed the bills. The majority in this state does NOT want these gun laws. The govt voted straight along party lines and got it passed. It was a complete joke and the people of CO are pissed. Going to be interesting in the next year.
Almost forgot. The NRA was pretty much non existant with what went on here. I canceled my membership and will NEVER join again.
Our local groups and clubs fought 100x harder then the NRA did to support our gun rights.

Last edited by colorider; 04-03-2013 at 9:25 PM.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Seriously? I want to hear what they said after that. Did someone call her an idiot or even inform her that she was clueless? I'm sorry, but how can we allow people who know nothing about these topics (in all levels of government) pass the laws that govern us. How do we allow people who think that they have to pass a bill to know what's in it to run our country?

*sigh*
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
That lady needs a solid bump in the head! Maybe her brain will reboot.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-04-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
Colorado is a disaster. It is where I live. Was born and raised. However, it is no longer my home. The natives have lost control to the transplants. They have destroyed our state.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
Disappearing Magazine Logic: I can't see any reason that a bullet should be able to hold more than a small number of magazines, or for that matter, that a magazine should be able to hold many guns. Because the only use for such a thing would be for a madman to go to a child and shoot up dozens of its schools.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2013, 3:07 PM Reply   
That's almost as bad as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
in honor of CO today I bought several more 30 round magazines (not clips) and 750 rounds of 5.56. Thinking I'll have 2500+ 5.56 rounds at home, plus a ton of our other calibers (12G, .40, .380, .22LR, and 22WMR)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-05-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
Bahahaha!!!

This is a classic case of "the few making law for the many". Unfortunately the "few" are borderline stupid. I don't know anything about baseball, so I don't try to tell a pitcher how to throw a curve ball. Why should these idiots that don't know anything about guns try to tell us about their uses.

Idiots... All of them.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-05-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
Borderline stupid... Guam capsizing shows high levels of mental retardation.