Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    homerjunior            03-16-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
This came up in a conversation I had last night with one of my friends. He commented on how he likes Justin Timberlake's new song. So I responded, there are 3 "rules" on my boat:
1. Have fun. If you aren't having fun, off the boat or drink more.
2. No fishing from my boat. Fishing boats are for fishing, Wakeboard boats are for wakeboarding. But fishing boats can be used for wakeboarding
3. No Variation of Justin Timberlake(solo or NSync) or Fleetwood Mac will be tolerated. I'm not a big fan of either.

Anyway, just curious if others had "rules" for their boat?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Most of my friends have this rule...

"There are no rules...have fun!"
Old    tabiggs            03-16-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
Rules on my Boat area as follows

Loud Music Only,
Beaver
Get a Buzz
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Safety. Help. Enjoy.
Old    dholio            03-16-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
Give me some gas money and don't damage my boat in any way, shap, or form. Bring some hot women!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-16-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
1,No smoking.
2.No seeds.
3.No shoes.
4.If you don't know the routine,just sit and watch,you can always grab a towel and help wipe it down at the end of the day.
5.Be respectful of the boat,the people,and everyone elses good time.
6.DO NOT PICK A FIGHT WITH SOMEONE WHILE YOUR IN MY BOAT!They will never remember what you look like,but the'll remember my boat.
7.At least offer gas money,it's the right thing to do.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-16-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
Joe the pick in your profile is a scream.Looks like the cover of "Little Thug Monthly".What happened to the cute kids?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-16-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
1. no shoes
2. no food
3. do not bring along uninvited guess, hot snapper is ok
4. guess money is expected
5. help clean afterwards
6. be happy with boat board and boat vest.
Old    samcdog            03-16-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
1 Extension on Richie's Rule 6
Don't do anything stupid, they will remember the boat

2 Gas money

3 Help clean up

4 topless after 6
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-17-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   

1. No whinning.
2. Dont be late meeting me.
3. Driver say'z, if you dont like it, buy your own boat.
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-17-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
tabiggs, where are you buying your centurion?
i bought mine from lakeshore sports out in conroe.
i've been really happy w/ them so far.

dayne
Old    chuk            03-17-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
Okay, we run a rigid operation here in Vancouver. Our rules include:

1. No insulting other guys' boats - there are no bad boats. The fact they own a boat and are enjoying the life is all that matters. Remember, you're here only because you don't own a boat.
2. No free rides. At least offer to help pay for gas ... or buy the beers after.
3. No showing up the owners. Your number of future invitations is inversely related to how quickly you progress.
4. If you're a rookie, your number of future invitations is directly related to the quality of your crashes.
5. Have fun. And if you can’t have fun, pretend. If you can’t pretend, well, we hope you know your way back to the dock.
6. No country music. No boy bands. No negotiation.
7. You can bring your own wakeboard, but leave your waterskis in the car.
8. No, we will not return to the dock so you can use the toilet. You will quickly learn the river has many uses.
9. You must be entertaining, both in the boat and in the water (future invitations are directly related to our assessment of your entertainment value).
10. Challenge yourself - make mistakes. Face it, you caught an edge - "a salmon did not trip you".
11. Makeup is completely unnecessary...really. You’re wearing a bikini so we have a pretty good idea about how you look naked.
12. If you come out for a Friday night ride, expect to come for beers after.
13. Check your egos at the door. Gentlemen, these ladies are better than you. If you try and match them, you're only going to get hurt.
14. If we get stuck on a sandbar, you, as our honored guest, are expected to get out and push off. Pretend that squishy feeling is a bathtub full of Jello.
15. No shop talk. Your crappy day is about to get a whole lot better!
16. Attempt to learn the lingo. That "spinny thing-a-ma-jiggy" is a Heelside 180.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-17-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
NO SHOES! No Bottle caps they tear seats, No sunflower seeds or anything that might get ground into the carpet, no bitchin, smile and have fun! Help wipe the boat down afterwards!

P.S. Girls who wear swimsuits and tshirts over them suck, show us what ya got girls its the lake for gods sake! Get some sun!
Old    davec            03-17-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
Bring a girl and a 12 pack
Old    chuk            03-17-2003, 2:43 PM Reply   
David, you've only listed 2 rules. I guess your guest will need to bring an extra girl or 12 pack.
Old    leggester            03-17-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
1. Dont' bring anything you don't want to get wet - it's a boat!

2. Please stay seated during the ride.

3. Kids are welcome and ecouraged to make noise ( at least on the beach )
Old    tabiggs            03-17-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Duane,
I bought mine at Austin Sport Boats in Austin,
I wakeboard in Austin, and store the boat there,
How you like your boat?

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-17-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
No Kid Rock. News Flash. He sucks.

No whining, headache plagued, non-participating girlfriends who complain endlessly and demand attention by flopping down and occuping the whole back seat, no matter how hot you or they think they are.

No sedentary redneck parents who bring an oversized cooler of food for themselves and want to gossip about the neighbors or Little League the whole time and refuse to get wet. Killer ballast, though.
Old    tabiggs            03-18-2003, 5:59 AM Reply   
Someone should end this gay thread
Old     (wdayne)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-18-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
i've had nothing but success w/ mine. the wake is incredible and the boat is roomy and handles well. i've only had it out 1 season, hopefully it'll last. enjoy your boat dude, if i make it to austin this summer you have to give me a pull behind that behemoth.

laterdayne