Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-22-2004, 12:02 AM Reply   
There's a lagoon, right off I-5. There are water cycles and row boat rentals on shore. I've never seen anyone ride there...until today...saw a rider being pulled.

Is it private? Why don't I hear of anyone riding there? I'm assuming it's salt water...do people not go there 'cause of the salt water? It's always butter!
Old     (doubleup)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2004, 12:42 AM Reply   
Hey Joe, can you send me a vid of my riding please? thanks
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-22-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
People ride there all the time. It can be great or crappy (It only takes a few boats to mess it up).

There are annual fees you must pay to have your boat there.
Old    combat_wombat            05-23-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Isn't that where DA MOOSE rides!?!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-23-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Man they been riding on Carlsbad for ever. One could argue that is where it all started. There or Sammamish.

(Message edited by wake upppp on May 23, 2004)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
Man, I NEVER see anyone there! ('cept for that 1 time!)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-23-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
I think I heard they were thinking about banning wakeboarding there though. Prolly just here-say.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
That would suck! That place is butter!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-24-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
http://www.ci.carlsbad.ca.us/text/tcserv/lagooind.html
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-24-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
That place is alot of fun to ride especially if there are now boats around and I know some friends who have gone there a few times a year and just pay for the instructional and they will take you out on the Calabria...but someone told me they are using a Super Air now anyone know?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-24-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
It is private, but that about all I know. I also know Kyle Murphy rides there occasionally.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-26-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
I probably shouldn't be posting this, but it hasn't gotten crowded yet. Anyone who's willing to pay can launch their boat there (as long as it's less than 21 feet long). You can buy day passes or seasonal. Here's a link to the public launch facility that I use:

http://www.californiawatersports.net/

If you look through my previous wakepics videos, you'll see me and some other people riding there at various times last year. I really haven't had many bad days there, even on weekends. That's because it's narrow enough that the water can go from totally choppy to dead calm glass in less than 10 minutes. Also, "the wall" shelters a long stretch of your run from the onshore wind all day long.

http://www.wakepics.com/member/Monkey_(Tim_Monk)

Sometimes I post for 3rds here, and take other people out there. I haven't ridden since the end of last summer (been too busy), but I plan to get back in the water again by next month aometime, so let you know if you want to come on my boat sometime. I'm fully permitted....

-Monkey
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-26-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
p.s. They did, actually shut it down for the killer algae problem. Then they sectioned it off and re-openned parts, but were threatening to shut it down completely. The problem appears to have gone away, and, last time I checked, it's fully open.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       05-28-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Actually that's where Shaun and his brothers started riding (skis first)- That's where we saw Tony Finn when he first tried out the skurfer. Probably middle 80's
Lloyd
PS we had a tri-hull - 160hp - great boat for little kids.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-29-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Hi Tim, my first thought was Monk when this thread started. Glad to hear you'll be out there soon:-)
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-03-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Tim it's so great to see you posting. I hope things are going well. If you are in the need of a programmer i've got a buddy looking for a job and has been holding out for something good.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-03-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Hi Guys,

Nice to hear from you again... Yep, Lynn and I are hoping to hit the lagoon again really soon here! I finished up the game I was working on,
http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/games/scus-97326/ogs/
and we took a Surf Trip to Costa Rica... Witch's, Ollies, Grande, Marbella, Avellanes, Guiones... Buenas Olas every day!! then Ocotal for some SCUBA... I'll try to post pics soon.

Since we got back, we've been busy planning our wedding party, which is Saturday... and we have a ton of family in town who we're attempting to accommodate, so we haven't had much time to wakeboard lately. Sometimes I slip out for a morning surf though...

Hopefully by next weekend or the weekend after we'll be back out on the boat :-) If not, for sure by July. I'll email you and see if you're up for it.

-Monkey

p.s. Lloyd, I think we met you at one of Shaun's stops in Mission Bay last summer. I was the one sitting on the beach with the "Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association" hat on... another hobby I'm hoping to get back into this summer :-)
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-03-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
Tim, it's great to hear your done with the game and haven't gone crazy yet. Tell Lynn that Antika and I all said hi.