Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    bross            03-10-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying some stuff on ebay, but this would be my first time. Any advice? How do I know if I am getting screwed or not? If I do get screwed is their anything I can do about it? Has anyone bought wakeboard gear online at ebay? Thanks.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
check feedback rating, i have bought a bunch of stuff on ebay and havent been screwed yet. If you do you can leave negative feedback to warn others, you can contact ebay and you can get their phone numbers and tell them about what happened, i dont know everything you can cause it hasnt happened to me. I would definetly look for gear on ebay, im trying to find a hyperlite temet for a good price, and also some bindings right now.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-10-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
I bought my Belmont bindings on eBay and recently bought my new Canon camcorder on there as well.

Just check the seller's feedback and make sure that the seller will accept PayPal payments through a credit card to pay for the goods - if you get screwed, just dispute the charges and you are fine. I've only been screwed on eBay once and it was for some golf balls - I had my money back in a matter of a couple of days.

Old    eric281            03-10-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
i bought some liquid force ultra suc's for 100 bucks shipped on ebay, and they are in great shape... now i just need a board to bolt em on to... :-( lol
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       03-13-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
I bought my board and bindings off an ebay seller (a shop in Bellinham WA) and it was a great deal and a great experience.
Old    cj7816            03-15-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have gotten screwed on ebay before. Here are my rules of thumb:

Don't buy from people too few feedback points (like 20) or lots of negative feedback.

Don't buy from people too high feedback points (like 500-1000). I don't like buying stuff from people who make a living off of ebay. They tend to screw up orders and take a long time.

Only buy from people in the US. Every person that I have heard of getting screwed, bought something from overseas. (No offense to you guys who don't live in the US).

Try not to buy anything over $200. Ebay has an insurance program but it only covers up to $200. (And it takes like 6 months to get the money.)

(Message edited by cj7816 on March 15, 2004)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-15-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
Look for stores that also use e-bay for some sales. I move some of my older gear via e-bay. In the next week, I will be moving some wetsuits, bindings, and boards.

rider@boarditup.com