Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
OK, I finally got a chance to take some digital pics of our '03 promo boat. I saw everyone else posting their new boats so I thought I would get in on the fun. If anyone is interested, the boat will be available September 1st. We would be able to add the tower of your choice.

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
...and some interior shots

Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-03-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
Great lookin boat Nick!!

Question, do you plan on putting a Tower on it at all? Or are you going to go with a extended Pylon? Just curious.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-03-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat Nick! How is the wake for slalom? Better than last years?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-03-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
Jeff,

I want to put a tower on it but Robert Thayer at the Centurion factory says that this would go against the boats AWSA approval. Most likely we won't have a tower, though I really want want of those new Boss Billet towers, I think it would look sweet. We will probably use the Ten Foot Pole pylon we have. We only load the boat down and board about 2-3 times a year, as we use other boats for most of the boarding to keep the hours down on the promo.

Brad, I have only riddem the slalom once behind this one. It seemed better. I'm going to get some more time behind it Saturday, as it's the annual Skiin' Freezin' out at Tuttle. You should come out if you get a chance.

So far, I like this one a lot better than last years. Everything is put together rock solid and the new carpet is a big upgrade. Also like the way they did some little things like adding the chrome ring around the PP display so that it matches the rest of the guages. They also backlit all the toggle switches. Otherwise, everything is the same as the '02 except we didn't get the shower, decided to get a full snap cover instead.
Old    skippyh2o            03-06-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Why is centurion still using the cheap plastic dashes???
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-06-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
what is different about the Centurion dash than any other?
Old    skippyh2o            03-06-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
The gray plastic... As soon as I get home I'll post the new Ski supreme rubberized dash.

(Message edited by skippyh2o on March 06, 2003)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
The Ski supremes that are built in the same factory as Centurions?
Old    skippyh2o            03-10-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
Here they are...And as for the same factory, different owners.. Supreme just built a new factory north of Merced, CA.

Ski Supreme dash pics

Old    skippyh2o            03-10-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
OH did forget to mention the CUP HOLDER?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-10-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
Switch panel designed by "sneeze solutions".

What is that big 4th gauge to the lower right?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
So what you are saying is yours is black and mine is grey, so yours is classier and mine is cheap?? Just checking, mine looks just as rubberized as yours. Looks like they waste a lot of leg room with that switch panel/cupholder combo.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
My thoughts exactly
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Kevin,

I guess we have a different opinion than skip. Personally I think the Centurion dash is well laid out and simple, which I like. I wouldn't mind it being a little darker, but it looks a lot better in person. To me that Supreme dash looks thrown together. Where the Pilot1 is located looks like an afterthought. What's up with the throttle position, why is it white around there? I wouldn't mind a cupholder though!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
Yep!

What interesting is the same people designed both
dash layouts. After all Fineline builds both boats
Most of the 2003Centurions have a cup holder down by your left foot where the webing is....not sure about the La points.

I love the graphite dash panels on the Centurions!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
They must have forgot it in the LaPoints. Ours was one of the first 10 or so '03s built though, so who knows.
Old    skippyh2o            03-18-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
The width is exactly the same for leg room!!
Actually, krbaugh, Supreme is owned by a different company. But built in the same factory. That is why Supreme stepped up and built a new factory north of Merced, CA. That way Daddy cant see the better items installed in the Daughters boats. Owner classification=Centurion-DAD Supreme-Daughter. This is a literal realization. clipart{new}
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-18-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
I know they are a different company.
They are built in the same plant
much like gekko's are and Tige's where