Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Boat is an 02 X-star. When hitting big waves, the windshield has gotten jammed a couple of times. I'll try to post pictures. Part A gets jammed up under Part B in the photo. Also, the windshield doesn't seemed to be lined up on this side very well (as marked in the photo) Not sure if or how to adjust that. The second photo shows the gap the window gets stuck under and the wear that has occured because of it. I know the hull flexes and it's why this is happening. Any suggestions on how to fix this? When it gets jammed, it is so hard to get it out. Takes two guys pushing out on the sides of the windshield to pop it out again. Thanks.

Upload
Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-01-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Sounds like you have alot of hull flex. Do you have any gel cracks in the walk-through area? I would have it checked by a dealer under the lifetime hull warrenty.
Old    kidrik            05-01-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
I have the EXACT same problem with mine! It's stuck as we speak. This happened once last year, and when I took it into the dealer, they thought it was a recall problem they were having with '06 windshields. (Calabria Pro-V) Anyway, long story short, after months of hastles and waiting, they basically just "made it work" again...............only to happen again last week! I will take a picture as well this week.

We were looking close, and thought that the portion where your "A" is doesn't even need to be there, and should be cut away?? If the part that overlapped the window started below that A, I don't think it could ever get wedged in between!?

Very frustrating! Let me know what happens!

Good luck.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
George, no, there are no cracks in the gel anywhere that I can see.
Rik, I might just end up cutting that piece away myself if there aren't any other ideas that pop up here.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Bob,
Had the same problem on our 02. We had to do the same thing, we just pushed on the side of the windshield to release pressure. But i believe it is with the hull flexing. When we hit a wave the windshield would flex causing the window to get jammed. Not too sure there is much you can do. I know on our 06 45 we dont have that problem because of the windo supports on the side. Could make some windowshield supports to eliminate the problem.
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-02-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
You could also extend the flange on the window side. Anything to keep the window from being able to pass down. Maybe even a U shaped piece of plastic that goes over the top of the window at the joint. Or go buy one of the spinning plastic locks that is on the window side, and put it on the driver frame side. Might not be long enough, but I'm sure that will spark some ideas.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
My 1995 MC also did this. I crawled under the dash and passanger seat loosened the screws and moved the windshield frame back into position. It was a big pain in the butt I might add. You'll need a person to help you when you do this.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Try a layer of gator grip running down underneath the "a" section. This might give it enough size not to slide underneath "b".
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-02-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
That's eventually happened on every boat i've owned or been on. Keeping your window closed when riding around or not in use will keep it from getting too outta wack.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hull Flex!
Old     (kbrowning)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
I own the an 02 x star as well and have the exact same issue. I was told three years ago by a friend at the local cc dealer that it happens at some point to most walk thru windsheilds of all brands and the best prevention in to always drive with the window closed. I have never heard of a great permanent solution to the issue. I know the newer model hull's handle rough water so much better so I assume they will have less of this issue.
Old    kidrik            05-02-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Mine happened both times with the window closed. And I also have an '06, so I'm not to sure if that's the case..........?

We always ride with the window closed so that it "won't" bounce around when hitting rollers, etc....

I'm going to do something with it Friday.......so I'll send pics and let ya know!

Good luck. (I think if it were designed without the tab marked by "A", that one square inch, that it would all be good....?)

Whatever...it could be worse! It's just frustrating to take it in, wait for months, and nothing changes......
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-02-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Our 06 X1 had the same problem last season. Our dealer retightened everything and it hasn't happened again, but we now keep the windshield closed and hardly ever go out in choppy waters...