Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
We are heading to HYCO and are taking a 40ft motor home and need to know if they have spots on the lake that we can park this thing for a couple of days...also would they have the hook ups for water,elec, etc.. Thanks
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2006, 3:42 AM Reply   
I assume you're talking about Halloween @ Hyco. Most everyone camps at the public campground (http://hycolake.com/Camping.htm), which has water/elec hookups, but you might wanna ask on endofropegang.com since they host the event. After the last two (easter/halloween), not sure how many more there will be (at Hyco at least). From what I've heard the rangers have been less than friendly to the group. I'm thinking about making the trek up, but not if we're just gonna be harrassed by overzealous public employees.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2006, 5:06 AM Reply   
I am thinking about heading there this year myself.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
Ryan....are you talking about the park rangers at the campground, or the water cops? We were thinking about coming up, but I can stay home at Wateree and get hassled by the H2O Po Po!
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Fox, its been the camp rangers, but the threads on EORG about what happened are deleted (or I can't find them). I didn't attend so I can't say what happened first hand, I just know there has been some issues between the PRs and attendies. I see that its still tentatively planned for the 28th-30th.....so I don't know.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-24-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
The rangers attempting to bully our big ol group is just for entertainment purposes. It just adds a little excitement to the party that happens every year, twice a year. Water cops? We dont have any problems with them at all.
Come one, come all, its always a good time.

(Message edited by Melanie on August 24, 2006)
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
haha, I was about to say xgirl will probably be posting soon.

When do you think dates will be set etc?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-24-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
haha. Did you just call me a post whore? j/k
October 27th-29th.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Good to hear. I was thrown off by the ??'s on the homepage.

Oh, and I don't know anything about your posting promiscuity.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help.